Boxing

Guest Big Guns

Guest Big Guns

I think Ricky Burns reign will end against Crawford he's rode his luck the last two fights

Infact I reckon the Beltran draw was more contravertal than froch groves

And no re match

I think Ricky Burns reign will end against Crawford he's rode his luck the last two fights

Infact I reckon the Beltran draw was more contravertal than froch groves

And no re match

Controversy over a decission is based on three people's views on a fight sat ringside with no replays etc. They may have missed one or two things that have happened in a fight or seen it differently from their view. We as the viewer see all the best angles on telly.

The difference between that and the stoppage in the Froch v Groves fight is that one man saw fit to 'save' a fighter that had spent the vast majority of the fight schooling the champion, nearly knocking him out in the process. Groves took two clean shots and the ref saw fit to 'save' him.

Also, the ref's Facebook activity was more than a bit suspect leading up to the fight.

I couldn't disagree more. Anytime Froch had Groves anywhere near the ropes, Groves maneuvred his way out of trouble using his footwork. I believe Groves was in the process of actioning this when the ref jumped in.

Froch had landed two decent shots all fight long, which were the two Groves took before the fight was stopped. How anyone can either justify it as a win or even claim that Groves was going out based on this is absolutely beyond me.

Guest Big Guns

Groves was in trouble (Ok not enough that the ref should have stopped it) and if it hadn't have been stopped I think he would have been on serious trouble by the end of the round.

He gave an outstanding performance until the stoppage but he would have tired by the end by giving too much early on. Just my opinion mind.

Yep that's a good summary

On another note khans won mayweathers twitter vote against madina to be his next apponent no way does he deserve that fight

Oh don't get me wrong groves was winning the fight and had performed the better. Froch just has more to give in the later rounds then most fighters, we'll never know for certain thanks to the ref spoiling a great contest.

It was either going to groves on points or Froch on ko/stoppage and I think Froch would have done it. Not discrediting groves in anyway but he's not in the same class as Froch (who would have mullered calzaghe)

Edited by manilovetheowls

He won't be knocked out in 1st round

He'll most likely have a few strong moments in the opening 2 or 3 rounds whilst Mayweather tries to get a read on him, then Floyd will pick him off at will and either stop him late on or take the widest points decision the game has ever seen

Am I the only one whk thinks that Khan has the ability to cause Mayweather the most problems he's faced since De La Hoya (still think Oscar won that fight)?

I'm not saying Khan is anywhere near the level Mayweather is, nor am I saying he stands much chance of winning..... But the hand speed on Khan is something that can't be found often in boxing.

Khan will no doubt work tirelessly on his defence, knowing that this is his main weekness. If Khan can tighten up the flimsy defence that has cost him his world titles then he's reliant on his speed to get his shots off and hopefully pull something off.

Unfortunately I fear that any close decission will go in Mayweather's favour, as often is the case with American fighters in America.

Mayweather stops Khan in 4. Don't see any other outcome at all, maybe if Khan runs around as fast as he can he can drag it out slightly longer. I'm a huge Khan fan but Mayweather's counter punching is on a different planet to most boxers and when you have Khan's poor offense selection combined with his terrible defensive skills and paper chin there's only one possible outcome.

Was never going to happen that, Canelo is basically a bigger version of Miguel Cotto, he didn't do anything Mayweather wouldn't have been expecting.

Team Khan is really banking on his speed and the ability to out manoeuvre his opponent but after a few rounds once Mayweather has settled and got used to the tempo, I can't see it being enough to really bother him.

If Floyd does stop Khan though, it wont be early, personally I think he's got more respect for Khan than people would believe and he wont be going for anything too flash too early.