Boxing

Guest Big Guns

2 hours ago, 0742 said:

What do you see in AJ's arsenal that makes you think he has a chance against Fury?

A punchers chance. Fury does get hit and dropped regularly. 

When AJ plants his feat, I think he throws a more powerful shot than Wilder. He's KO'd and dropped a higher calibre of fighter than Deontay has.

On 15/10/2021 at 08:11, bigash_swfc said:

AJ would definitely have a chance.

Although, Fury would be the betting favourite.

AJ would have the slimmest of outside chances that’s all. Fury is that best heavyweight since the Klitscho brothers and, is arguably, better than them. 

AJ is around 3 inches shorter than Fury and, I guess, two stone lighter and giving away 3 to 4 inch in reach. Also, IMO, Fury is the smarter boxer with AJ being a bit too “one dimensional”. The only way AJ would win is to knock out Fury but firstly, AJ isn’t an “inside” fighter and secondly, Fury wouldn’t allow Joshua to get “inside”, so there’d be little chance of AJ landing a KO punch. Furthermore, Fury has shown that he has a granite chin after getting up from a couple of “mule kicks” from Wilder. 

My guess is that any fight between the two wouldn’t be a “tear up” but a “chess game” with Fury working behind his long jab and refusing to be enticed in and show his chin to AJ. I could then see either AJ being worn down or getting frustrated and, either way, exposing himself to Fury combinations. 

Fury is too good for AJ. 

13 hours ago, bigash_swfc said:

A punchers chance. Fury does get hit and dropped regularly. 

When AJ plants his feat, I think he throws a more powerful shot than Wilder. He's KO'd and dropped a higher calibre of fighter than Deontay has.

Wilder has ko'd so many people with one punch,  i can't recall one fighter that AJ has laid out with a single blow. I also don't know anyone who thinks AJ has more power than Wilder either!  AJ usually wins by multiple punches going unanswered against decent fighters, not a single blow. Even Martin and Breazale were able to get back up, the later was disposed of in 1 round against Wilder. 

AJ won't be able to get that many shots off on Fury in succession and seemingly he doesn't have the one punch ko power like Wilder does. 

Fury to beat AJ is what every pundit i've heard predict so far after their last fight anyway. AJ should take on Wilder next, i'd salivate at that fight. Leave Usyk and Fury to fight for the undisputed and then the winners face each other, although i think it would be fury vs wilder again. 

21 hours ago, Adem Poric said:

Dillian pulling out of the Wallin fight. 

Is he trying to protect his number one contender status?

poo house move if so.

Josh Taylor's fight is now postponed until end of February due to 'injury', makes you wonder why whyte couldn't postpone his fight, maybe he's had a whiff of the fury fight

Canelo didn't look great, but he dismantled Plant still when he needed to turn it on.

I can't see who would beat Canelo, will retire with just the one L against Mayweather on his record.

On 07/11/2021 at 17:46, 0742 said:

Canelo didn't look great, but he dismantled Plant still when he needed to turn it on.

I can't see who would beat Canelo, will retire with just the one L against Mayweather on his record.

Would he go for Beterbiev or Bivol back at LHW? The biggest tests for him. 

It’s all gone ******** up for Hearn!

Harper was outclassed. Beaten to the punch and, it was a nasty stoppage. The referee deserves so much credit there, if he wasn’t sharp, Harper could have been in big trouble. Can’t see Harper taking the rematch. A defeat in that manner is hard to overcome.

Galahad V Martinez! Wow. One of the biggest upsets of the year. Galahad seemed comfortable the first few rounds and, had Martinez scrambling but, what a finish! I don’t understand why the corner let Galahad back out. Think we’ll see the rematch and, Galahad will learn from his mistakes.

did anyone watch the basket case of a fight between pulled and frank mir? utterly bizarre triangle ring and rules which promote clinching, with mma style gloves. obviously pulled tko'd him pretty quickly but he was out on his feet for ages before the ref stepped in, it made me absolutely cringe

god knows why they fought a now irrelevant mma would manage anything in boxing v somebody who fought for a world title last year? 

17 hours ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

did anyone watch the basket case of a fight between pulled and frank mir? utterly bizarre triangle ring and rules which promote clinching, with mma style gloves. obviously pulled tko'd him pretty quickly but he was out on his feet for ages before the ref stepped in, it made me absolutely cringe

god knows why they fought a now irrelevant mma would manage anything in boxing v somebody who fought for a world title last year? 

Pulev *

khan brook finally lol