Boxing

Guest Big Guns

4 minutes ago, 0742 said:

The irony. You're dismissive, rude and offensive throughout the thread to literally everyone's points. 

Also, you still read it, so you definitely threw the towel in. 

lol

I have used no offensive slurs unlike yourself. End of the day there is the ring rankings and AJ has fought nearly half of them and Fury has only fought 1 of them. 

2 hours ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

I have used no offensive slurs unlike yourself. End of the day there is the ring rankings and AJ has fought nearly half of them and Fury has only fought 1 of them. 

Fury has fought Wilder 3 times in 3 years. Wilder has been in the list longer than anyone else. 

Are you saying that it’s less impressive to beat Wilder twice by KO and, end up with a controversial draw in the other fight,  than it would be to school Rivas and Parker for 12 rounds? Don’t come out with the old how do you know he’d school them rubbish. Any boxing fan knows he wins comfortably against those 2.

Fury has fought and, beat the 2 fighters at the top end of the list 4 times. Klitschko was top for 7 years. Wilder has been in the top 10 for 8 years. 

Joshua has fought 4 on the list and lost to 2. Hardly a glowing reference is it? You know that, you’re doing your usual trolling nonsense. It’s tedious but I’ll play your little game.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Everybody AJ has fought, Fury would have most likely beaten. AJ got lucky in the fact that he got to fight for the world title against arguably the worst belt holder ever ( not AJs fault admittedly) after Fury’s personal problems, when he was stripped of his belts.

1 minute ago, sexpistol said:

Everybody AJ has fought, Fury would have most likely beaten. AJ got lucky in the fact that he got to fight for the world title against arguably the worst belt holder ever ( not AJs fault admittedly) after Fury’s personal problems, when he was stripped of his belts.

I know he would probably have beaten them but they point is we can’t be absolutely sure because Fury and Wilder have only fought each other for a while, therefore we aren’t really sure of their level and it’s not a foregone conclusion they beat whoever is best of the rest.

Fury could’ve had tougher fights but he took a couple of easy ones since his come back remember 

1 hour ago, 0wl18 said:

Fury has fought Wilder 3 times in 3 years. Wilder has been in the list longer than anyone else. 

Are you saying that it’s less impressive to beat Wilder twice by KO and, end up with a controversial draw in the other fight,  than it would be to school Rivas and Parker for 12 rounds? Don’t come out with the old how do you know he’d school them rubbish. Any boxing fan knows he wins comfortably against those 2.

Fury has fought and, beat the 2 fighters at the top end of the list 4 times. Klitschko was top for 7 years. Wilder has been in the top 10 for 8 years. 

Joshua has fought 4 on the list and lost to 2. Hardly a glowing reference is it? You know that, you’re doing your usual trolling nonsense. It’s tedious but I’ll play your little game.

Wasting your breath mate. It's either tedious trolling or he lacks the self awareness to see why he comes across so badly in this thread

Quick to play the 'insutled' card too.

You won't find a credible boxer, coach or pundit who would have AJ beating Fury, less so after the weekend.

1 hour ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

I know he would probably have beaten them but they point is we can’t be absolutely sure because Fury and Wilder have only fought each other for a while, therefore we aren’t really sure of their level and it’s not a foregone conclusion they beat whoever is best of the rest.

Fury could’ve had tougher fights but he took a couple of easy ones since his come back remember 

Flloyd Mayweather could be the greatest heavyweight of all time. We’ll never really know though cause he never fought at heavyweight.

8 minutes ago, 0wl18 said:

Flloyd Mayweather could be the greatest heavyweight of all time. We’ll never really know though cause he never fought at heavyweight.

All I’m saying is everyone bases opinions on fury based on how he did against Wilder. Most people acknowledge Wilder is not much more than a good chin and big punch. 

35 minutes ago, 0742 said:

Wasting your breath mate. It's either tedious trolling or he lacks the self awareness to see why he comes across so badly in this thread

Quick to play the 'insutled' card too.

You won't find a credible boxer, coach or pundit who would have AJ beating Fury, less so after the weekend.

Quick to play insulted? You were downright offensive. You wouldn’t speak like that to somebody face to face, I don’t know why you would do it online

11 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

All I’m saying is everyone bases opinions on fury based on how he did against Wilder. Most people acknowledge Wilder is not much more than a good chin and big punch. 

It’s not all you’re saying though is it? 

You’re deliberately avoiding facts, avoiding debate and, continuously coming out with sweeping statements with very little to back it up. 

Most of the posters over the last 3-4 pages come across as avid boxing fans. I don’t think anyone is basing their opinion of Fury off of the back of his wins against Wilder. 

I myself have pointed out that Fury’s victory over Klitschko was as good is it got in terms of performance. Again, you deliberately overlook that to make a sweeping statement and, engage in petty bickering, rather than putting together a fact based argument.

• Like 1

Just now, 0wl18 said:

It’s not all you’re saying though is it? 

You’re deliberately avoiding facts, avoiding debate and, continuously coming out with sweeping statements with very little to back it up. 

Most of the posters over the last 3-4 pages come across as avid boxing fans. I don’t think anyone is basing their opinion of Fury off of the back of his wins against Wilder. 

I myself have pointed out that Fury’s victory over Klitschko was as good is it got in terms of performance. Again, you deliberately overlook that to make a sweeping statement and, engage in petty bickering, rather than putting together a fact based argument.

Facts are being skewed though, Fury's win v Klitschko was good, as was AJ's win. But what I am reading is that AJ's was worthless, despite it being Klits next fight and him finishing Klitschko. 

Then we got onto records, well AJ has clearly fought a better level of fighter, and has always fought riskier people. Wilder is the only tough fighter than AJ hasn't faced compared to Fury. Fury has not fought many people on the level of Usyk, Pulev, Ruiz, Povetkin, Parker and Whyte. So what are you basing Fury's quality on? Wilder and Klit. Klit was also aging when he fought Fury- if you level that one against AJ, then it applied to Fury to. And as we can all agree Wilder is just a big punch and a good chin, I don't think we can really count beating the likes of Szpilka that he has faced many of the highest calibre. His best win was probably when he broke my heart beating Audley Harrison in Sheffield, though the referee came in too quickly lol 

13 hours ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Quick to play insulted? You were downright offensive. You wouldn’t speak like that to somebody face to face, I don’t know why you would do it online

Try me. If i think someone is being deliberately rude, ignorant and dismissive of others, i'd be more than happy to say it face to face. Your snide attempts at trying to be threatening won't wash with me. What are you going to do, offer to meet me for a straightener?! :duntmatter:

7 minutes ago, 0742 said:

Try me. If i think someone is being deliberately rude, ignorant and dismissive of others, i'd be more than happy to say it face to face. Your snide attempts at trying to be threatening won't wash with me. What are you going to do, offer to meet me for a straightener?! :duntmatter:

Can you quote all the times I have been rude to you. I am only discussing boxing. You’re the one being highly offensive. I am not threatening you at all, I am just pointing out if you spoke to somebody face to face about boxing you wouldn’t start calling them stupid just because you have differing opinions. How you have taken that as ‘offering you out for a straightener’ says a lot about you. 

2 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Can you quote all the times I have been rude to you. I am only discussing boxing. You’re the one being highly offensive. I am not threatening you at all, I am just pointing out if you spoke to somebody face to face about boxing you wouldn’t start calling them stupid just because you have differing opinions. How you have taken that as ‘offering you out for a straightener’ says a lot about you. 

Well no, it once again says a hell of a lot more about you and further evidences your lack of self awareness. You decided to introduce an 'offline' comment, like that holds any relevance at all to this discussion. My retort was merely mocking your thinly veiled threat. 

As i stated earlier, you are a great example of the dunning kruger effect. You don't know, what you don't know. Maybe you should go and watch some more Youtube videos.

9 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Also, being 'offensive' can be shown in more ways than attaching a label to one's behaviour, which again you are seemingly unaware of. Dismissive of others points, introducing new points when challenged, ignoring/brushing off requests for evidence. All rude behaviours, prevalent throughout your posts in this thread.

3 minutes ago, 0742 said:

Also, being 'offensive' can be shown in more ways than attaching a label to one's behaviour, which again you are seemingly unaware of. Dismissive of others points, introducing new points when challenged, ignoring/brushing off requests for evidence. All rude behaviours, prevalent throughout your posts in this thread.

Sorry if you feel that way but I try to make good points and enjoy discussing sports, perhaps you should remember we are online and parts of communication such as body language, facial expression, tone of voice are not there, so sometimes things don’t come across in the way you or I would like them to. So don’t take my posts as though I am trying to wind you up, I am genuinely not, in turn please don’t resort to slurs which escalate the issue. I am honestly just a boxing fan, and a big fan of all the British boxers.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Sorry if you feel that way but I try to make good points and enjoy discussing sports, perhaps you should remember we are online and parts of communication such as body language, facial expression, tone of voice are not there, so sometimes things don’t come across in the way you or I would like them to. So don’t take my posts as though I am trying to wind you up, I am genuinely not, in turn please don’t resort to slurs which escalate the issue. I am honestly just a boxing fan, and a big fan of all the British boxers.

That's a very fair response and reasonable request, which is appreciated and duly noted. I will just point out, that using your 'would you be like that face to face' point, that if someone asked you, offline to provide evidence, asked you direct questions, circled back to highlight points already made that you'd ignored, provided facts contrary to your opinions and yet you ignored them and stuck with your own trail of thought, in light of others more knowledgeable and well researched evidence, you'd consider that to be rude, ignorant and offensive behaviour. Which is why i actually thought you were just on the wind up and trying to lower the tone of the thread. 

Anyway, let's hope we get to see AJ Vs Fury, so we can all come back and bump theses posts in true Owlstalk fashion!

34 minutes ago, 0742 said:

That's a very fair response and reasonable request, which is appreciated and duly noted. I will just point out, that using your 'would you be like that face to face' point, that if someone asked you, offline to provide evidence, asked you direct questions, circled back to highlight points already made that you'd ignored, provided facts contrary to your opinions and yet you ignored them and stuck with your own trail of thought, in light of others more knowledgeable and well researched evidence, you'd consider that to be rude, ignorant and offensive behaviour. Which is why i actually thought you were just on the wind up and trying to lower the tone of the thread. 

Anyway, let's hope we get to see AJ Vs Fury, so we can all come back and bump theses posts in true Owlstalk fashion!

I’ve read the past few pages and I can’t really see the points you have made that I have not replied to, when I say Chisora wobbled Fury quite a few times that was in the early rounds of their first fight, of which you can see on YouTube was what I meant.

when I have reviewed that fight I don’t think those highlights do justice to Chisoras chance to beat Fury. He was on top but punched himself out, he seemed very unfit at the time. Which is obviously not Fury’s problem but that and the Cunningham fight, as well as the few times V Wilder, Fury has been very close to losing.

if he fights Joshua I see it that Joshua improves on Deontays boxing skills, which could trouble Fury-as has been shown now several times, Fury is not infallible and can be caught, even against a poor boxer in Wilder, which is why AJ would have that chance.

On 13/10/2021 at 13:40, Ellis Rimmer said:

I’ve read the past few pages and I can’t really see the points you have made that I have not replied to, when I say Chisora wobbled Fury quite a few times that was in the early rounds of their first fight, of which you can see on YouTube was what I meant.

when I have reviewed that fight I don’t think those highlights do justice to Chisoras chance to beat Fury. He was on top but punched himself out, he seemed very unfit at the time. Which is obviously not Fury’s problem but that and the Cunningham fight, as well as the few times V Wilder, Fury has been very close to losing.

if he fights Joshua I see it that Joshua improves on Deontays boxing skills, which could trouble Fury-as has been shown now several times, Fury is not infallible and can be caught, even against a poor boxer in Wilder, which is why AJ would have that chance.

AJ would definitely have a chance.

Although, Fury would be the betting favourite.

• Like 1

On 15/10/2021 at 08:11, bigash_swfc said:

AJ would definitely have a chance.

Although, Fury would be the betting favourite.

What do you see in AJ's arsenal that makes you think he has a chance against Fury?

• Like 1