Jump to content

Boxing


Guest Big Guns

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, sexpistol said:

Oh come on. Klitschko was a heavy favourite to beat Fury but despite being champion for years, Fury got inside his head and schooled him.

Fast forward 17 months and Klitschko who hadn’t fought since the Fury fight went in with AJ and really should have beaten him. Seriously though, who are the names that stand out on AJs resume?

A past it Wlad, Usyk who schooled him and he fought Dillian Whyte before he was world champion. Wilder beats the version of Klitschko that AJ beat and any other opponent bar Usyk in my opinion.

 

Are you of the opinion that AJ actually stands a chance against Fury?

AJ has always fought someone that is worth watching, doesn’t take simple fights like Fury. Aside from Wilder fury hasn’t fought anyone that is in the top 10!  Who do you think AJ should have faced?

 

yeh I absolutely think AJ is one of a few that can beat Fury, who is no god of the ring. I don’t rate Deontay who he nearly lost too and have seen him nearly lose to Chisora and Steve Cunningham in the past. I reckon he loses in next few fights.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

AJ has always fought someone that is worth watching, doesn’t take simple fights like Fury. Aside from Wilder fury hasn’t fought anyone that is in the top 10!  Who do you think AJ should have faced?

 

yeh I absolutely think AJ is one of a few that can beat Fury, who is no god of the ring. I don’t rate Deontay who he nearly lost too and have seen him nearly lose to Chisora and Steve Cunningham in the past. I reckon he loses in next few fights.

Wallin was ranked 5th when Fury fought him but you carry on talking your testicles.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Ok well we will see how good Wallin is on Fury’s record later this month

Chisora was ranked 1, and Hammer 6th when Fury fought them. Fountain of knowledge aren’t you. 


People are allowed a preference, I’ve no issue with AJ myself. I just don’t think he’s technically anywhere near the top heavyweights. The Usyk fight proved that. His equaliser is the power he holds, the Usyk fight also showed him to be gun-shy for me which is very dangerous when you’re facing the elite.

 

Fury V AJ needs to happen next or, it won’t happen. AJ will lose to Usyk in a rematch. Fury will want to unify and face Usyk straight admirer. If he’s successful he’ll retire IMO. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, 0wl18 said:

Chisora was ranked 1, and Hammer 6th when Fury fought them. Fountain of knowledge aren’t you. 


People are allowed a preference, I’ve no issue with AJ myself. I just don’t think he’s technically anywhere near the top heavyweights. The Usyk fight proved that. His equaliser is the power he holds, the Usyk fight also showed him to be gun-shy for me which is very dangerous when you’re facing the elite.

 

Fury V AJ needs to happen next or, it won’t happen. AJ will lose to Usyk in a rematch. Fury will want to unify and face Usyk straight admirer. If he’s successful he’ll retire IMO. 

You are referring to the belt rankings, which are a load of rubbish, I thought you would realise that. What were their ring rankings at the time?

 

I think AJ has deeper issues, I think sometimes he’s just not up for it, which still makes him very dangerous when he is. 
 

Im not particularly bothered about AJ-Joshua, I just want to see the fight which would unify the belts if that’s Usyk so be it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You know that Fury has a plan in place for how to fight against Joshua and Usyk. He had a plan for Wilder and he'll have different ones in his mind for how he beats the other top guys. He'd be incredibly confident against Joshua even before seeing him lose the belts. 

 

Usyk is most likely the more difficult puzzle to solve and I dont think he really expected him to beat AJ. However, Fury moves so well that it negates Usyk's big strength and Usyk hasn't yet shown he has heavyweight power. 

 

Wilder vs Usyk would be a great fight stylistically. You know Wilder goes in looking to land that big overhand right, can he land it flush that one time and can Usyk take it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Imo Fury v Usyk would be a stinker of a fight, as I would imagine Fury would use his weight to nullify Usyk. I think Fury would win on points. Usyk may also lose due to cuts, to say AJ didn’t lend a great deal on Usyk, his face was pretty marked up. Rest assured Fury would land more than AJ.

 

Fury beats AJ very easily and I think same if he fights Whyte.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

AJ has always fought someone that is worth watching, doesn’t take simple fights like Fury. Aside from Wilder fury hasn’t fought anyone that is in the top 10!  Who do you think AJ should have faced?

 

yeh I absolutely think AJ is one of a few that can beat Fury, who is no god of the ring. I don’t rate Deontay who he nearly lost too and have seen him nearly lose to Chisora and Steve Cunningham in the past. I reckon he loses in next few fights.

Fury never almost lost to Chisora, he won easily on points first time around and battered him in the rematch.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Chisora wobbled him several times but was unfit and ran out of gas

 

Rather than just keep replying with 'well I fink' how about you add in some evidence to back up your points?

 

Because you're coming across as really really ignorant. Your posts could be used to fill a whole lecture on dunning Kruger 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, sexpistol said:

Imo Fury v Usyk would be a stinker of a fight, as I would imagine Fury would use his weight to nullify Usyk. I think Fury would win on points. Usyk may also lose due to cuts, to say AJ didn’t lend a great deal on Usyk, his face was pretty marked up. Rest assured Fury would land more than AJ.

 

Fury beats AJ very easily and I think same if he fights Whyte.

 

I agree on the Usyk/Fury fight. Fury is too smart to fall into the trap AJ did and sit back and let Usyk dictate. He'll come in heavy, move forward and get on top of him to grind him down. As you say he looked like he marked up quickly from heavy shots so Fury leaning on him, maybe using his shoulder a bit too. Basically doing all the things Joshua should have done.

 

AJ only takes the Fury fight for money. His confidence is shot and he doesn't trust himself. 

 

Dillian needs the Fury fight because he's becoming almost irrelevant. I'd really like to see him in with Usyk though. He's so game that he'd give him a really hard fight. Love watching him box, and he talks a great game, but he's a step shy of that top level for me.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, 0742 said:

 

Rather than just keep replying with 'well I fink' how about you add in some evidence to back up your points?

 

Because you're coming across as really really ignorant. Your posts could be used to fill a whole lecture on dunning Kruger 😂

Add evidence? You can go to YouTube yourself surely? 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

I actually don’t know what you’re going on about 

 

Well you come across as a thick as mince know it all then.

 

You ignore any counter points, which are contrary to your YouTube educated opinion and you keep banging on about AJ being better than Fury, without offering anything logical or substantial to back this up. Yet you'll jump on and refute any others points. It's no wonder a few posters in this thread have clearly had enough of you. You're seemingly intent on reducing the discussion to "it's wot I fink innit".

 

Fury just beat wilder, he also beat a prime Wlad in his own back yard, he beat an unbeaten chisora, then beat him again, he retired Hammer who was on a 10 fight winning streak and later bashed up David price.

 

Wilder beat, Stiverne X2, he beat one of the most avoided heavyweights in Luis Ortiz, bashed up Washington, starched szpilka, breazale and molina who were all world fringe level. Yet fury comes along and banjos him for 2 fights.

 

AJ has a decent resume, but he's been beaten by much smaller men than Fury and a less skilled man in Ruiz.

 

You're absolutely clueless, but too dumb to realise.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, 0742 said:

 

Well you come across as a thick as mince know it all then.

 

You ignore any counter points, which are contrary to your YouTube educated opinion and you keep banging on about AJ being better than Fury, without offering anything logical or substantial to back this up. Yet you'll jump on and refute any others points. It's no wonder a few posters in this thread have clearly had enough of you. You're seemingly intent on reducing the discussion to "it's wot I fink innit".

 

Fury just beat wilder, he also beat a prime Wlad in his own back yard, he beat an unbeaten chisora, then beat him again, he retired Hammer who was on a 10 fight winning streak and later bashed up David price.

 

Wilder beat, Stiverne X2, he beat one of the most avoided heavyweights in Luis Ortiz, bashed up Washington, starched szpilka, breazale and molina who were all world fringe level. Yet fury comes along and banjos him for 2 fights.

 

AJ has a decent resume, but he's been beaten by much smaller men than Fury and a less skilled man in Ruiz.

 

You're absolutely clueless, but too dumb to realise.

 

 

I can’t even be bothered to read or respond to somebody being so rude and offensive when merely discussing sports

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

I can’t even be bothered to read or respond to somebody being so rude and offensive when merely discussing sports

Is that the towel being thrown in?

 

lol

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Essix Blue said:

Is that the towel being thrown in?

 

lol

No, I just can’t be bothered debating with somebody that resorts to using offensive slurs rather than actually debate their point. Ironically he says I reduce the discussion.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

No, I just can’t be bothered debating with somebody that resorts to using offensive slurs rather than actually debate their point. Ironically he says I reduce the discussion.

 

The irony. You're dismissive, rude and offensive throughout the thread to literally everyone's points. 

 

Also, you still read it, so you definitely threw the towel in. 

 

lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, 0742 said:

 

The irony. You're dismissive, rude and offensive throughout the thread to literally everyone's points. 

 

Also, you still read it, so you definitely threw the towel in. 

 

lol

To be fair I don’t think Ellis was rude to me, I don’t agree with what he says but he wasn’t personal, nor should anybody be tbh.

However I would like to know for those that think he can how AJ would beat Fury. If he tries to box him he would be made to look stupid. I don’t think he has the game to brawl Fury and he would imo come off second best. He would have to try to get Fury on the back foot, good luck in trying to do that.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...