Boxing

Guest Big Guns

Watched the fight earlier and wished I’d managed to stay up til 5am to watch it live. Wow. Wilder deserves credit for staying in the fight as long as he did after taking some proper hammer (even if he did look out on his feet from the 6th or 7th round onwards) but Fury is on another level, Wilder hits hard but the big fùcker just keeps getting straight back up! Must be so disheartening to catch him with a sweet shot only for him to get up like nothing’s happened.

Brilliant way to end the trilogy - drama in the first fight, Fury masterclass in the second, and all out war to finish it off

• Like 1
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, beswetherick said:

Watched the fight earlier and wished I’d managed to stay up til 5am to watch it live. Wow. Wilder deserves credit for staying in the fight as long as he did after taking some proper hammer (even if he did look out on his feet from the 6th or 7th round onwards) but Fury is on another level, Wilder hits hard but the big fùcker just keeps getting straight back up! Must be so disheartening to catch him with a sweet shot only for him to get up like nothing’s happened.

Brilliant way to end the trilogy - drama in the first fight, Fury masterclass in the second, and all out war to finish it off

Must mash his mind that he knocks everyone out then he fights a guy that he knocks down 4 times but he gets up from all of them

48 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Must mash his mind that he knocks everyone out then he fights a guy that he knocks down 4 times but he gets up from all of them

Some of those knockdowns have been from huge punches too. Seems that the only way to possibly beat Fury is to outbox him and win on points, but he’s too good and awkward a boxer to let that happen

I've rewatched it this morning. Firstly, Wilder won two, maybe three, rounds. He could have won that fight though. In the fourth Fury was gone from the first knockdown, he was completely out of it and the second knockdown was because he was still glazed from the first one.

After that though I think Wilder landed probably 15 more punches in the rest of the fight. He was swinging and swinging but missing and missing. I'm surprised he stayed on his feet a few times from round seven through nine. The tenth was all Fury until the knockdown then Wilder came back afterwards and caught him with his best shot since the fourth.

Really great fight, even on a second watch.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, The only way is S6 said:

Wilder clinging on from round 7 onwards.

There's a 36 minute video of the fight on YouTube with laughable biased American commentary.

" Wilder was off balance" when Fury put him down in the 10th. :biggrin: He was very soon afterwards. :biggrin:

I’ll give Wilder massive credit for hanging on from round 7, it looked like he was finished. He knew he was beat, but there was always the chance of the big right hand landing. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Essix Blue said:

7983D4B7-3B51-4D7E-91B9-BC7A1B7BF1FB.jpeg

I saw this yesterday. Still cant believe how Tim Cheatham scored that 9th round to Wilder. The only round that was really a question as to which way it went was the 5th. I had it to Fury but can understand it going to Wilder. All the others were easy to score, 1st and 4th (10-7) to Wilder and the rest to Fury.

2 hours ago, Adem Poric said:

I've rewatched it this morning. Firstly, Wilder won two, maybe three, rounds. He could have won that fight though. In the fourth Fury was gone from the first knockdown, he was completely out of it and the second knockdown was because he was still glazed from the first one.

After that though I think Wilder landed probably 15 more punches in the rest of the fight. He was swinging and swinging but missing and missing. I'm surprised he stayed on his feet a few times from round seven through nine. The tenth was all Fury until the knockdown then Wilder came back afterwards and caught him with his best shot since the fourth.

Really great fight, even on a second watch.

On that YouTube video they had a punches landed tally.

Fury’s was almost double Wilder’s most of the fight. 

2 hours ago, The only way is S6 said:

On that YouTube video they had a punches landed tally.

Fury’s was almost double Wilder’s most of the fight. 

Yeah it was obvious that the longer the fight went on the more spent Wilder was and the easier Fury made it look to weave out of the way. Wilder was basically out on his feet from the start of round six and he got picked off. He landed maybe two or three solid shots after that big fourth round but Fury was completely in control.

• Like 1

On 10/10/2021 at 08:06, WalthamOwl said:

Wow what a fight. So pleased Fury won. If Fury ever fights Joshua I think Fury would absolutely destroy him. Hope the fight does happen. 

As I e said earlier. AJ is in my opinion, the most over hyped UK boxer ever. He got one ( arguably two) gift decisions when he won his Olympic gold medal. His boxing IQ is poor and to make things worse for him, he appears to be gun shy. I have heard Tony Bellew bang on about how AJ stops Fury inside the first 6 rounds??? To do that he would have to risk getting caught himself and he seems  very wary about what comes back at him. I e always said this but I think Fury beats AJ very easily and gives him a bit of a beating.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Adem Poric said:

I saw this yesterday. Still cant believe how Tim Cheatham scored that 9th round to Wilder. The only round that was really a question as to which way it went was the 5th. I had it to Fury but can understand it going to Wilder. All the others were easy to score, 1st and 4th (10-7) to Wilder and the rest to Fury.

I gave Wilder the first and 4th he really took a beating for most of the fight and it remains to be seen what his punch resistance is like going forward.

31 minutes ago, 0wl18 said:

Wilder KO.

I actually think AJ could win this, but on points as he would run the whole fight. AJ has decent boxing ability, Wilders isn’t the best I think it’s fair to say. If Wilder does catch him though, it’s the end of the fight.

2 hours ago, sexpistol said:

As I e said earlier. AJ is in my opinion, the most over hyped UK boxer ever. He got one ( arguably two) gift decisions when he won his Olympic gold medal. His boxing IQ is poor and to make things worse for him, he appears to be gun shy. I have heard Tony Bellew bang on about how AJ stops Fury inside the first 6 rounds??? To do that he would have to risk getting caught himself and he seems  very wary about what comes back at him. I e always said this but I think Fury beats AJ very easily and gives him a bit of a beating.

AJ fights anybody. He's got the best wins out of anyone in the weight

4 minutes ago, sexpistol said:

I actually think AJ could win this, but on points as he would run the whole fight. AJ has decent boxing ability, Wilders isn’t the best I think it’s fair to say. If Wilder does catch him though, it’s the end of the fight.

If Wilder can down Fury 4 times, he’d get to Joshua. 

Joshua has shown his chin is suspect, if Wilder lands it’s game over.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

AJ fights anybody. He's got the best wins out of anyone in the weight

Has he really though? His best win was against a well past it Klitschko. Although he stopped Klitschko, Fury went to Germany and beat him more impressively and took the title away from him. AJ hasn’t fought Wilder. AJ is a bit like Tyson in that he has no marquee wins on his resume ( I’m not counting a past it Holmes who didn’t even take a warm up fight) 

1 hour ago, 0wl18 said:

If Wilder can down Fury 4 times, he’d get to Joshua. 

Joshua has shown his chin is suspect, if Wilder lands it’s game over.

Not necessarily, as AJ would no doubt fight Wilder like he did Ruiz the second time. I doubt he would take any risks or attempt to engage. I also think after two battering from Fury, Wilder may be shop worn and his punch resistance may have deteriorated. I would back AJ ( whom I am not a fan of) to beat Wilder now. I also think Usyk would put box Wilder.

29 minutes ago, sexpistol said:

Has he really though? His best win was against a well past it Klitschko. Although he stopped Klitschko, Fury went to Germany and beat him more impressively and took the title away from him. AJ hasn’t fought Wilder. AJ is a bit like Tyson in that he has no marquee wins on his resume ( I’m not counting a past it Holmes who didn’t even take a warm up fight) 

Why was Klitschko well past it when he fought AJ and not Fury? AJ has fought more big names than anyone else in the division. 

14 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Why was Klitschko well past it when he fought AJ and not Fury? AJ has fought more big names than anyone else in the division. 

Oh come on. Klitschko was a heavy favourite to beat Fury but despite being champion for years, Fury got inside his head and schooled him.

Fast forward 17 months and Klitschko who hadn’t fought since the Fury fight went in with AJ and really should have beaten him. Seriously though, who are the names that stand out on AJs resume?

A past it Wlad, Usyk who schooled him and he fought Dillian Whyte before he was world champion. Wilder beats the version of Klitschko that AJ beat and any other opponent bar Usyk in my opinion.

Are you of the opinion that AJ actually stands a chance against Fury?