Boxing

Guest Big Guns

Great fight,

Fury wasn’t at his best for me, I’ve seen him fitter

Wilder put too much size on, wasn’t as quick and gassed easy. His chin was incredible and boxed a little bit better.

Whyte-Fury will be good if the former gets past Wallin 

1 hour ago, WalthamOwl said:

Wow what a fight. So pleased Fury won. If Fury ever fights Joshua I think Fury would absolutely destroy him. Hope the fight does happen. 

I think AJ retires after he’s seen that fight 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

It’s going back some years since that now, and AJ beat him better

AJ beat him better? 

Klitschko was a 41 year old coming off of the back of an 18 month lay off. Joshua was hurt badly. Klitschko 18 months prior would have sparked him. Joshua managed to get to him in the 11th even though he looked completely spent. Whilst the fight lives long in the memory for drama, it’s not one of AJ’s best performances.

Fury went to Klitschko’s back yard, ended a 22 fight win streak and, out boxed arguably the most dominant heavyweight of a generation. Nobody gave Fury a chance. Let’s not forget the mental state Fury was in at this point as well. 

To say AJ did it better IMO is a lazy comment. Yes he knocked him out but, Fury faced a much tougher task.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 0wl18 said:

AJ beat him better? 

Klitschko was a 41 year old coming off of the back of an 18 month lay off. Joshua was hurt badly. Klitschko 18 months prior would have sparked him. Joshua managed to get to him in the 11th even though he looked completely spent. Whilst the fight lives long in the memory for drama, it’s not one of AJ’s best performances.

Fury went to Klitschko’s back yard, ended a 22 fight win streak and, out boxed arguably the most dominant heavyweight of a generation. Nobody gave Fury a chance. Let’s not forget the mental state Fury was in at this point as well. 

To say AJ did it better IMO is a lazy comment. Yes he knocked him out but, Fury faced a much tougher task.

I think AJs performance was better, KO against someone who hadn’t been stopped in many years impressed me more than Fury out boxing Klit.

I just think it’s all abit lazy to assume Fury will beat anyone, when he’s barely faced anyone. No forgone conclusion to me that he would beat the other top heavyweights. Usyk would no doubt give him heaps of trouble.

5 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

I think AJs performance was better, KO against someone who hadn’t been stopped in many years impressed me more than Fury out boxing Klit.

I just think it’s all abit lazy to assume Fury will beat anyone, when he’s barely faced anyone. No forgone conclusion to me that he would beat the other top heavyweights. Usyk would no doubt give him heaps of trouble.

Sign out pal, you’re having a nightmare.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, 0wl18 said:

AJ beat him better? 

What mental state was fury in when he beat klitschko?

9 minutes ago, 83owl said:

All after the Wlad fight. His mental state for the preparation was perfectly fine. He even said himself that the feeling of achieving his ambitions is part of what made him spiral back down as there was nothing else to achieve.

Have you read the article?

’I looked on top of the world but, inside I was dying.’ 

He didn’t win and, miraculously have a down turn in his mental health. 

He was diagnosed with Bipolar and, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. Those aren’t just things that come on.

26 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

K.O is better than out pointing somebody, this is why when reading a record the MC says how many fights were won by knockout 

Again, a lazy post lacking context.

On face value yes, you’re right. There’s more to it that the method of victory though isn’t there? 

Of course you already know that.

36 minutes ago, 0wl18 said:

Again, a lazy post lacking context.

On face value yes, you’re right. There’s more to it that the method of victory though isn’t there? 

Of course you already know that.

Sorry, I think AJs win was better