Boxing

Guest Big Guns

Wouldn't surprise me if McGregor gets frustrated and starts to throw a few MMA moves in and take him down. Would love it if McGregor wins it but really can't see it. Then again no one thought Leicester would win the Premiership. 

8 hours ago, 0wl18 said:

Absolute fraud of a fight. McGregor has no credibility in a boxing ring. Fair enough if he turned his hand to boxing and spanked a few decent prospects call out Floyd. 

To walk in to a ring with arguably the greatest boxer of a generation, having never set foot in a professional ring before is ridiculous. 

1 of 2 things will happen. 

1- It won't happen.

2- Mayweather canters to an absolute snoozefest of a decision and, every man and his dog whines how shiite it was.

it will be option 2.

a boxing exhibition with Mayweather taking probably every single round.

He'd win easy without even using owt but his jab.

2 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Wouldn't surprise me if McGregor gets frustrated and starts to throw a few MMA moves in and take him down.

I'm guessing there will be some kind of stipulation that sees him lose a large majority of his purse if this happens. No way is Floyd going to leave himself open to getting hurt like that.

3 minutes ago, Adem Poric said:

I'm guessing there will be some kind of stipulation that sees him lose a large majority of his purse if this happens. No way is Floyd going to leave himself open to getting hurt like that.

Imagine rear naked choking Floyd though? Bet two hands can't even grasp that monster length 

Seen a few people saying that McGregor shouldn't be ruled out, he has a dangerous left hand and could hurt Mayweather if he lands etc.

Plenty of world level, genuine boxers have dangerous right or left hands, Canelo has a brilliant counter right hand, but it's one thing having the shot, it's another getting anywhere near Mayweather to actually use it.

No chance.

54 minutes ago, jambler said:

Imagine rear naked choking Floyd though? Bet two hands can't even grasp that monster length 

He's about 5ft 7, if he had a monster length he'd be using it as a kickstand.

I call mushroom on this one.

36 minutes ago, Lee A said:

Seen a few people saying that McGregor shouldn't be ruled out, he has a dangerous left hand and could hurt Mayweather if he lands etc.

Plenty of world level, genuine boxers have dangerous right or left hands, Canelo has a brilliant counter right hand, but it's one thing having the shot, it's another getting anywhere near Mayweather to actually use it.

No chance.

The only way I'd give McGregor a chance was if Floyd rocked up with a gut and a broken arm.

If it was a full blown, on the pavement outside Ocean, baying mob throwing bottles, shirts off tear-up then McGregor would win. That's the only way it happens.

Floyd doesn't lose boxing matches against some of the all time greats. He's not losing to McGregor in a million years.

33 minutes ago, Adem Poric said:

The only way I'd give McGregor a chance was if Floyd rocked up with a gut and a broken arm.

If it was a full blown, on the pavement outside Ocean, baying mob throwing bottles, shirts off tear-up then McGregor would win. That's the only way it happens.

Floyd doesn't lose boxing matches against some of the all time greats. He's not losing to McGregor in a million years.

And Floyd's length?

53 minutes ago, southportdc said:

Easy way to make it exciting is - after round 6, it's MMA.

Mayweather has to knock him out quickly, or he's getting taken down. 

McGregor only usually has about 3 rounds anyway doesn't he? Should be enough.

So Mayweather has 1-6, then McGregor gets 7-9.

Tables, ladders and chairs for the last 3?

Round - Sport - Rules

1- Boxing - normal rules

2- Chess - speed rules

3- Pole vault - interference allowed/encouraged

4- Hurling - don't think this has rules

5- Basketball - hoop lowered because they're both midgets ordinary height

6- Tiddlywinks - full contact

7- MMA - normal rules

8- WWE - just make bobbar up

9- Cricket - super over

10- Arm wrestle - left then right

11- Golf - 1 hole suddent death

12- 100m sprint - handicapped based on previous scoring

3 hours ago, southportdc said:

Round - Sport - Rules 

1- Boxing - normal rules - Mayweather

2- Chess - speed rules - Mayweather, his fights basically are chess matches.

3- Pole vault - interference allowed/encouraged - Mayweather, for no specific reason.

4- Hurling - don't think this has rules - McGregor because there is no way Floyd knows what this is.

5- Basketball - hoop lowered because they're both midgets ordinary height - Americans love that shiit, Mayweather 

6- Tiddlywinks - full contact - McGregor looks like an experienced tiddler

7- MMA - normal rules - McGregor 

8- WWE - just make bobbar up - Mayweather has taken on Big Show in a wrestling ring before, clear advantage.

9- Cricket - super over - Ireland vs USA? No winners here 

10- Arm wrestle - left then right - One is a southpaw, the other an orthodox righty, split round.

11- Golf - 1 hole suddent death - Sunny, boring American course or wet, windy Irish deathtrap?

12- 100m sprint - handicapped based on previous scoring - I've lost sight of what I'm doing 

I would bloody love it if McGregor did somehow win! Would be the biggest shock in the history of boxing. I know the massive pay check is all that matters but got to give McGregor credit for stepping in to Mayweathers world. 

16 hours ago, southportdc said:

Round - Sport - Rules

1- Boxing - normal rules - Mayweather 10-8

2- Chess - speed rules - 1-1 draw as both can't pick up the pieces in their boxing gloves

3- Pole vault - interference allowed/encouraged - The Pole is deported by Trump, 0-0

4- Hurling - don't think this has rules - McGregor 4-1

5- Basketball - hoop lowered because they're both midgets ordinary height - Mayweather 12-9

6- Tiddlywinks - full contact - board destroyed by McGregor chokeslam, 0-0

7- MMA - normal rules - McGregor 10-8

8- WWE - just make bobbar up - Mayweather with the tombstone piledriver to win 1,545,108-1,545,106

9- Cricket - super over - Both rubbish bowlers. 111 plays 109 to McGregor

10- Arm wrestle - left then right - 1-1

11- Golf - 1 hole sudden death - Par 5. Mayweather misses a putt to win the hole in 6. Tie on 7s.

12- 100m sprint - handicapped based on previous scoring - so far tied on 1545,257. McGregor distracts Mayweather with a case full of cash to sneak a shock win.

Mayweather tombstones McGregor in the 8th round

McGregor lies in the middle of the ring and doesn't move for the next 4 rounds.

Mayweather wins by split decision as Judge Clark Sammartino has it 118 - 108 for McGregor