WOW - if sheer will power can make a move happen this one will...

Guest Big Guns

Will power cant make it happen

The only thing that can make it happen is Milan delving into his billions

That's not gunna happen either

I thought his estimated wealth was £75m when he took over?

Less of course the £22m off that he had to write off as debt to the Co-op when he bought the club.

Which probably puts his forutune nearer to £53m. 

Minus the 1 pound sale fee of course ! ;-)

That being the case he's not going to - (to use Owlstalk parlance) - spunk any of that £53 into players.

As for will power Mr Biggs, if that was the case then I'm sure we'd be entering the knock out stages of the European Cup with Suarez and Aguero up front. Not worrying about a loan from a club that might be coming down. 

I thought his estimated wealth was £75m when he took over?

Less of course the £22m off that he had to write off as debt to the Co-op when he bought the club.

Which probably puts his forutune nearer to £53m. 

Minus the 1 pound sale fee of course ! ;-)

That being the case he's not going to - (to use Owlstalk parlance) - spunk any of that £53 into players.

As for will power Mr Biggs, if that was the case then I'm sure we'd be entering the knock out stages of the European Cup with Suarez and Aguero up front. Not worrying about a loan from a club that might be coming down. 

I know this has been discussed but I think the personal wealth attributed to him is not his total wealth, which I believe is far higher?

At the moment it would be nice to actually sign SOMEONE permanently.

Clubs all around seem to have spent at least something, just how skint can we possibly be.

Ps I don't mean sign Wickham permanent

Edited by aj_owl

I know this has been discussed but I think the personal wealth attributed to him is not his total wealth, which I believe is far higher?

He made some investments while he was at Portsmouth (not football related) and I gather took a huge, huge hit on his lifetimes earnings.

At the moment it would be nice to actually sign SOMEONE permanently.

Clubs all around seem to have spent at least something, just how skint can we possibly be.

Ps I don't mean sign Wickham permanent

Aye, we are drastically short. We need two strikers not just Wickham. We can afford to wait for the loan window to re-open to get possibly Wickham but we can't afford to wait for it to re-open to get both and to go into key 6 pointer games with our threadbare inexperienced forwards. MM seriously is not giving Gray a chance, he's making a hard job even harder. Gray has worked wonders so far but without a competitive Championship level front-pair I fear that Gray's miracles will run out and all his great work will be undone and soon we'll find ourselves back in the bottom 3. 

Don't worry. The staff at Sunderland have been very busy today with all their other transfer dealings. This is the easiest of them all so can wait til the last minute or next week.

Expect the conversation to go something like this:

GP to SG "Do you want CW on loan for the rest of the season?"

SG to GP "Go on then"

GP to CW "Do you want to go to SWFC for the rest of the season?"

CW to GP "See ya"