Tonights match commentary

a link to the match commentary but not directly from bbc rs website

If you remember a few games back (might have been Carlons first), Statton kept saying available on-line but the normal site was blocked, someone then posted the link, it was also posted a game or two later but I can't remember it (bloody age thing probably !)..

Edited by Captain Sl-OWL-ly

The link to online commentary from RS is just cup games as has been pointed out 

If you remember a few games back (might have been Carlons first), Statton kept saying available on-line but the normal site was blocked, someone then posted the link, it was also posted a game or two later but I can't remember it (bloody age thing probably !)..

That was an FA cup game too

I live in the High Peak, closer to Manc than Sheff, and I can't get anything but static on 88.6 – the only one that works for me is 104.1 (fm), which is awful in most areas of the house but works by the front room window and in the car.

I've got a digital radio but scanning through never comes up with anything for any regional BBC stations – it only seems to get Radio 1, 2, 3, 4, 6Music, Classic FM, all those big 'uns. You can tune/scan through the full range of frequencies on the AM/FM setting, but on digital it will only skip to the next preloaded 'big' station, you can't do a manual scroll through. (Am i doing it wrong? :ph34r:)

To avoid having to sit on the windowsill or in the car, I ended up paying a monthly subscription for Wednesday Player about a year ago which has so far served me really well. I've only experienced one or two cutouts, but it always comes back on when I refresh the page, whether listening on laptop or phone (both Apple, dunno if that makes any difference).

Also, I gave my dad the password and he logs in and listens at the same time as me, fifty miles away – pretty daft system if there's nothing stopping that, we may as well just set up one Owlstalk account on Wednesday Player and all listen on that :manager:

On 29/01/2014 at 01:52, townend_owl said:

You can't listen to league games on the internet can you? Thought it was either through Wednesday Player or actual radio?

And that will be 3 minutes behind real time and will probably have technical difficulties