HOME WIN AGAINST LEEDS EARNS OWLS THE ACCOLADE

The League Managers Association five-man Performance of the Week panel, comprising LMA Chairman Howard Wilkinson, Sir Alex Ferguson, Joe Royle, Dave Bassett and Barry Fry, were in agreement that this week, the LMA Performance of the Week Award should go to Sheffield Wednesday following their excellent 6-0 home win against Leeds United in the Sky Bet Championship on 11 January 2014.

Sheffield Wednesday caretaker manager Stuart Gray will receive a specially engraved crystal football in a presentation to commemorate the award.

Sheffield Wednesday won their second LMA Performance of the Week Award of the season to secure the local derby victory.

The result ensured it was the first time in Sheffield Wednesday’s history that they beaten Leeds by a six-goal margin. Goals from Reda Johnson, Atdhe Nuhiu, Connor Wickham, Chris Maguire and a brace from Caolan Lavery secured the memorable win.

After the match, Gray was delighted with the outstanding performance;

"It was a good result and a good performance, hopefully a 6-0 win will help me to get the job full-time.

"I remember I was caretaker at Southampton and our last two games at The Dell we beat Arsenal and Manchester United, so it's probably up there with those. And I got the job.

"Not many times during a season do you get the perfect result and the perfect performance. Every player put in an eight or nine out of 10 performance."

http://www.leaguemanagers.com/news/news-7343.html?

I know we did well and thrashed a terrible Leeds side, but you'd think the way the media make out Leeds to be on par with Barcelona or Real Madrid as a club or something. Thing Is Leeds are an average to poor championship club just like ourselves.

we played really well. Just enjoy it.

I know we did well and thrashed a terrible Leeds side, but you'd think the way the media make out Leeds to be on par with Barcelona or Real Madrid as a club or something. Thing Is Leeds are an average to poor championship club just like ourselves.

Beating anyone 6-0 in a league game is a massive achievement.

I know we did well and thrashed a terrible Leeds side, but you'd think the way the media make out Leeds to be on par with Barcelona or Real Madrid as a club or something. Thing Is Leeds are an average to poor championship club just like ourselves.

Tbf our club must share that view. So tinpot bringing a DVD out