Helan's chance

Should be nowhere near the team at left wing full back or anywhere else. No ball control, no skill, no control , cant cross , cant shoot, cant pass, has no positional sense and is scared of his own shadow . Dreadful buy and a dreadful player . Part of the dead wood that needs moving on

Edited by james o connor

Do people realise that you still need to have decent technical ability and game understanding to play at left back?

He shows none of that.

And I'm not buying the "he's young" card.

He's so far behind in the two areas mentioned above, that I believe he will never dramatically improve his game enough to become a regular players for us at Left Back or as a Left Winger.

He may become a decent L2 player, mainly due to pace.

Waste of money.

Im poo with my left foot. But in that situation you just have to put your laces through it. Especially as a pro footballer training everyday, there has to be times where you have to use your weak foot. Crazy how some players cant use it at all. 

Id understand from 25-30 yards but inside the box just belt it!

Brings me back to an old, old moan of mine. A professional footballer who cannot kick with both feet! And he is not on his own. Watch any premiership match, and even international matches, and you will see so-called stars who must always 'bring it onto his best foot'. It's a very noticeable feature of modern football. Every player will have a preferred foot. It's a fact of nature. But all the truly great footballers could use both feet (often with one less so than the other). For a footballer who is paid the amounts they are paid to be unable to use both feet is inexcusable.

The unfortunate thing is that, whilst this is often highlighted by missed scoring opportunities, I believe it shows up far more at full back level. Current training methods include an in-depth look at the opposition, and a one footed defender is so easily turned. 

I wonder if he's one of the players that the departed Mr Jones referred to when he said they were scared of playing at Hillsborough.

I'd have thought the lad would relish playing there geed up to perform well by the collective groan as soon as he touches the ball.

Brings me back to an old, old moan of mine. A professional footballer who cannot kick with both feet! 

Seems to be left footed players especially, not saying they can't use the other foot ( Helan can't even use his left ) but they seem to be unwilling to do so.

Even the best ones like Cole, Bale, Wilshere etc. The outside of the left foot seems to take the place of the right foot every time.

Seems to be left footed players especially, not saying they can't use the other foot ( Helan can't even use his left ) but they seem to be unwilling to do so.

Even the best ones like Cole, Bale, Wilshere etc. The outside of the left foot seems to take the place of the right foot every time.

Which was the lovely thing to see about Nuhius goal against Leeds and one of my favourite things i saw on the day. Young Lee bursting into the box head up and then rolling the ball into the bigmans path with his weaker left foot.

Composure.

Like Antonio, better when on loan. They were given permanent contracts and are now dogger. I'd get rid of both if we could get a bit of a fee.

That's absolute garbage about Antonio tbh.

Just look at his record in his first full season playing Championship football last year. That's in a crap team, where he was flogged to death and was relied on far too much.

There's no point shouting about him being a left back.

We have 2 left backs and they are both worlds apart from Helan.

Didn't Helan also get sent back early from Shrewsbury on loan before coming to us on the basis that he was garbage for them at left back? Helan has only ever looked half decent on the left wing and that was with us for a bit last year.

Shouldn't be anywhere near the first team in either position.