Sign in to follow this  
pat blondeau

Jeremy Helan

Guest tha_knows

I like him, he goes mostly unnoticed when he plays well but becomes a bit of a scapegoat when the whole team doesn't perform.

He's not played as well this season as he did last but he's had a few injuries as well so I don't blame him for not being fully fit

Hi Jeremy

Guest MrsGoggins

Julian Bennett kept him out of the Shrewsbury side

Surely only plays because he's quick enough to cover for Reda when he goes walk-about.

not a left winger and the sooner we stop playing him there, the better for both the team and the player

the fans are constantly on his back for his left wing performances. he'd made a good left back and we're better off having him and Mattock developing at left back.

we need to bring a winger in

A proper winger who can actually cross the ball. Our biggest mistake since promotion was not fighting for Treacy the guy is pure class

PAAAAAACCCCE...the Dave Jones Legacy:

( ...keep him at left back...)

PAAAAAACCCCE...the Dave Jones Legacy:

( ...keep him at left back...)

Notice how it wasn't his philosophy at Cardiff he had quality on his wings that could actually cross a ball. The wingers he's used here are:

Antonio - can't cross

JJ - can't cross or shoot

Helan - can't cross or shoot or head or pass

Maghoma - undecided

Lee - not a winger can't cross as well as you should

Palmer - not a winger

Treacy - the only real winger we had since Ben 10

Bothroyd - the less we say the better

Thing I don't get with him is when he had space to run into he cuts back. When he's got no room he tries to get to the byline!

Completely clueless.

He neshed his 50/50's loads of times yesterday aswell.

Gone well off him this season.

He's not a footballer just an athlete.

Notice how it wasn't his philosophy at Cardiff he had quality on his wings that could actually cross a ball. The wingers he's used here are:

Antonio - can't cross

JJ - can't cross or shoot

Helan - can't cross or shoot or head or pass

Maghoma - undecided

Lee - not a winger can't cross as well as you should

Palmer - not a winger

Treacy - the only real winger we had since Ben 10

Bothroyd - the less we say the better

...I think he realised he had made poor transfer choices and then couldn't dig his way out of his own hole. He ignored the long term midfield problems and decided that power and speed got results in the Championship...but had no Plan B. Once teams realised our weaknesses we were stuck in a downward spiral. We very rarely control midfield so strikers and wingers end up isolated ... even if they can cross a ball or beat a player...

Edited by Freshfish

Thought he was OK yesterday.

But no, he's not a winger

Belongs in pub football the thinking behind him was "put the fast guy on the wing" while we are at it let's put a fat kid in goal.

I know Kirkland might be sold in January but I'm pretty sure Kevin Pressman won't be making a comeback lol

Guest aj_owl

This.

Young lad struggling in a struggling team.

Obviously needs the fans turning on him in his first full season with us, to show his best form.

He has actually given nothing all season though?

It's ok saying he's only a lad and it's a struggling team, he's a professional footballer and the kind of performances he has shown should place him at a lower level, so really he needs to knuckle down and adapt his game.

The worst 350k we've spent in a while for me.

His performances have dipped this season - but he's by no means alone in that. He has pace and potential, with time on his side at 21.

We really need to be developing him as a left back. He has pace and he's ok defensively. He will never ever develop into a decent left winger it's terrifying that people like dj and now gray can't see this. He was essentially signed because reda is not quite good enough to play lb at this level and between them they equal a good lb.

I thought he did really well during his loan spell here last season and was very happy to see him sign permanently in the Summer.

Sadly this season he seems to be suffering for form in a similar way to Antonio. He's not the only one in the squad and once his confidence returns, I'm sure we'll see a vast improvement in performances.

Edited by TrickyTrev

I thought he did really well during his loan spell here last season and was very happy to see him sign permanently in the Summer.

Sadly this season he seems to be suffering for form in a similar way to Antonio. He's not the only one in the squad and once his confidence returns, I'm sure we'll see a vast improvement in performances.

His first loan spell was good. Second loan spell was shocking (I was one who wasn't fussed if he came back when many more were bleating saying he had to).

I was really disappointed we signed him permanently as don't think he has much in him at all. However, I do feel that if he can be coached correctly we could end up with an asset. He is so far from a worthwhile player at present.

That said, and as I've mentioned above, I thought he was OK yesterday. I also think he suffers by having to support Reda so much. The left hand side when these two play is just laughable