Results since Dave Jones left....

Carnage follows him everywhere 

Swindon he had to break in to get his stuff out the office and Sunderland was a car crash under him

.....................................and he's a cooont who slagged everything about Wednesday and Sheffield 

He saved sunderland..And Swindon should have took the keys off him.He only went for his pictures.

Guest Johnbloodaxe

Di canio did a great job at swindon and was not given the players he listed at sunderland. He is a good choice for us better than the vast majority out there that have been named.

Di canio did a great job at swindon and was not given the players he listed at sunderland. He is a good choice for us better than the vast majority out there that have been named.

And that's exactly why he wouldn't be any good here . His list of targets would go straight in the bin due to their costs. It needs to be a manager who can attract free loans , and players out of contract . Unfortunately I don't agree with the policy but it's the way the club operates these days.

He did a terrific job at Swindon, they didn't have too much money if I remember they had to sell to save themselves after promotion and they sold Ritchie above his head hence the fall out. He had them in the play offs of League 1 on a shoe string budget before he left.

He was fighting a losing battle at Sunderland from the start. I have a die hard Sunderland fan mate who said that most of the dross there is left by Steve Bruce, and let's not forget that he is also the one to change Wickhams philosophy as he was rotting in the reserves there being a bit part now he's banging them in here getting his career back on track cause PDC told him home truths!

He never had the backing of his bosses he brought a lot of players in yes but they need time to gel and in all honesty I think he was hired with the anticipation of relegation.

Tbf with slagging off Wednesday.....don't we do it? The club at that time was a shambles, yet he never slagged of us the supporters! How would you feel if your employers didn't support you through a troubled time especially when you'd done so much for them in a little space of time

He did a terrific job at Swindon, they didn't have too much money if I remember they had to sell to save themselves after promotion and they sold Ritchie above his head hence the fall out. He had them in the play offs of League 1 on a shoe string budget before he left.

He was fighting a losing battle at Sunderland from the start. I have a die hard Sunderland fan mate who said that most of the dross there is left by Steve Bruce, and let's not forget that he is also the one to change Wickhams philosophy as he was rotting in the reserves there being a bit part now he's banging them in here getting his career back on track cause PDC told him home truths!

He never had the backing of his bosses he brought a lot of players in yes but they need time to gel and in all honesty I think he was hired with the anticipation of relegation.

Tbf with slagging off Wednesday.....don't we do it? The club at that time was a shambles, yet he never slagged of us the supporters! How would you feel if your employers didn't support you through a troubled time especially when you'd done so much for them in a little space of time

He didn't do well at Swindon on a limited budget - he smashed the FFP limit, so had the biggest budget in L2. Edited by fife_owl

....and that new manager needs serious money to buy the players that are needed.

It's flipping soul destroying - I honestly can't see anything changing.

This this this

We need quality players bringing in or the guys who are with us to actually step up to the mark for more than 2 games in a handful to bring a consistent level of performance to the pitch.

A manager can't do that sort of thing overnight

He's done OK with the players that he has. But the problem is, he's not the man to bring in the striker and midfielder that we need.

That would be a worry, but only if we intended to do that. If Milan doesn't want to spend, perhaps the main reason for keeping Gray on, then it's largely irrelevant Not knocking Gray because he's done well with what he has and realistically, that form would probably keep us up, and that is all we are asking for.

Guest Blinking owl

....and that new manager needs serious money to buy the players that are needed.

It's flipping soul destroying - I honestly can't see anything changing.

He didn't do well at Swindon on a limited budget - he smashed the FFP limit, so had the biggest budget in L2.

Winning the league wasn't a good job? There was no FFP rules when he was there this is the first season. When there are no FFP rules if your bosses give you the cash then what else can you do?

Gray got fortunate in that the post Jones wave enabled the victory.

The only other win at Watford was lucky in my view.

Watford missed a good few and for once a linesman saved us with his incorrect call for off-side.

Think we have to give him more credit than that. His results since taking over mirror those achieved by Pulis at Palace, and plenty are praising what he's done. I'm sure if you turn the microscope on some of Palace's results, they probably got lucky on a few occasions. For sides at the bottom of the table to beat sides from the upper reaches, then they probably will need a bit of luck. Going forward, Gray probably isn't the man if we want to give ourselves the best chance of staying up. This presumes though, that Milan will fund any new manager. If that's not the case, we might as well stick with Gray.

Gurujuan is at it again.

He is now comparing Gray to Tony Pulis.  How daft is that

Gray has always failed as a manager despite being give some plum jobs.

Didn't say that at all. Since he took over here, Gray's record is almost identical to that of Pulis at Palace.

Results have improved under Gray, performances probably haven't? Given that he's got the same lack of quality to work with then I suppose it was always questionable whether this would improve sufficiently?

IMO I believe any appointment will only be short term so Gray has always been in pole position for the job. Unfortunately if he gets it then the likelihood is that we'll probably go down and if this happens then I fear for the club's future because I can't see the club recovering from a third relegation to the third tier in English football in 11 years?

The decision that MM makes in the next 2 weeks or so will go a long way to going down the route I fear or showing signs of finally moving forward? He has got most of the big calls right during his tenure as Chairman. IMO this is the one he has to get right most of all?

Edited by Great Big Galaa