Pearce or Dicanio

Guest tyler66

Kept them up against the odds. Beat Newcastle 3-0

And left them so deep in Doo Doo they'l be digging out for the next year! destroyed team moral, sprite and only won less then a hand full of games - just what we want someone who can't win games but that's' OK he shows passion  

Genuine question.

What did Di Canio do at SAFC to make you think that he's a builder as you suggest?

He had so little time with us fife owl that he couldn't even get the foundations laid.

When he was appointed it was completely out of the blue and my initial reaction wasn't positive. That only lasted 24 hours as once I read about him and heard what the more sensible Swindon fans had to say I was sold. I can't deny that the near universal attacks on the fellow created a bit of a siege mentality.

He was clearly a manager who thought deeply about all aspects of the game and undoubtedly his determination to reorganise the playing side as soon as he could contributed to his early sacking. He was obviously horrified by the lack of professionalism of many of our highly paid players and they, unsurprisingly, did their best to make his stay a short one.

I'm not normally one to be impressed by coaching badges, etc. but Di Canio has the highest marks on every course he's done. He has a loyal five man backroom team covering all the necessary areas of expertise. I fear I'm not arguing my case that well but I can only say that I have never been more excited by any manager at my club than I was by Paolo, and I go back to Alan Brown the first time (before he left to take you to the '66 Final).

I think Di Canio was extremely harshly treated and I'm sure he'll have learned a lot from his short tenure at The SOL. It seems grossly unfair that his name is now mud with football fans throughout the country; just yesterday a WBA fan said on the radio "anyone but Di Canio" for example. His actually managerial record is very good, both at Swindon and keeping up a team that was going down under O'Neill.

I believe he'd be a wonderful appointment for Sheffield Wednesday but I can't see Mandaric going for him when he's looking to sell the club.

Soooooo Di Canio then yeah? :biggrin:

By God what a question…..It’s Like being asked which eye you’d rather be poked in.….

But if push came to shove, with no possible other options than those two….

Di Canio. At least it would be interesting….. 

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

Guest Darth Sturrock

Tough choice between Pearce who has admitted to racially abusing Paul Ince, and is the brother of a BNP supporter. Or DiCanio who is a fascist.

Here we go again, racists and fascists hidden behind every bush. Give it a rest son, this is a football forum. :ghoulguy:

He had so little time with us fife owl that he couldn't even get the foundations laid.

When he was appointed it was completely out of the blue and my initial reaction wasn't positive. That only lasted 24 hours as once I read about him and heard what the more sensible Swindon fans had to say I was sold. I can't deny that the near universal attacks on the fellow created a bit of a siege mentality.

He was clearly a manager who thought deeply about all aspects of the game and undoubtedly his determination to reorganise the playing side as soon as he could contributed to his early sacking. He was obviously horrified by the lack of professionalism of many of our highly paid players and they, unsurprisingly, did their best to make his stay a short one.

I'm not normally one to be impressed by coaching badges, etc. but Di Canio has the highest marks on every course he's done. He has a loyal five man backroom team covering all the necessary areas of expertise. I fear I'm not arguing my case that well but I can only say that I have never been more excited by any manager at my club than I was by Paolo, and I go back to Alan Brown the first time (before he left to take you to the '66 Final).

I think Di Canio was extremely harshly treated and I'm sure he'll have learned a lot from his short tenure at The SOL. It seems grossly unfair that his name is now mud with football fans throughout the country; just yesterday a WBA fan said on the radio "anyone but Di Canio" for example. His actually managerial record is very good, both at Swindon and keeping up a team that was going down under O'Neill.

I believe he'd be a wonderful appointment for Sheffield Wednesday but I can't see Mandaric going for him when he's looking to sell the club.

Cheers. A good answer, although I'd rather have Poyet.