Another for the development squad ?

Skrill South club Maidenhead United`s young midfielder Calum Ferguson is through to the last thirty-two of the England under-18 trials and also embarks on a week`s trial with Sky Bet Championship side Sheffield Wednesday.

Ferguson made the cut from seventy-two hopefuls during a three-day trial at Lilleshall last week.

The Magpies` youngster has now begun a trial with Sheffield Wednesday. He will train from Monday to Friday full-time with the academy side then on Saturday will play in an academy game against Barnsley.

The 16-year-old has been exceptional for the Magpies` youth side this season, operating in holding midfield, and has played a big part in their successes so far. Ferguson has also played a part in the reserve side this season and has recently been training with Johnson Hippolyte`s first-team.

Hippolyte said: “We have a number of very talented young lads in the youth side this season and we are very confident many more will push onto the first-team and hopefully higher.”

5t3v3wh1t_52a5a9fbd1af1.jpg

Was going to post this myself... as I came across by chance having gone on Maidenhead Utds website (long story) last night.

The Magpies also have the record for the longest time a club has played continuously at its ground - 140 years - just another piece of useful info to annoy the Pigs who seem to think they own every record.

As for the lad himself - I've heard locally thats he's a very good prospect - but hey that means nowt in the great scheme of things.

He's only on a weeks trial, so not long to impress - but (sorry for the positivity) Good Luck to him.

Just waiting for someone to pop along and claim we've already got dozens of development squad players (we've got nine)

Great news, it isn't all gloom and doom it would seem (though the first team is and should be our priority).

Kivo, who are the 9 in our Development Squad? I'm assuming we've let some go as we signed a fair few just this summer  -so I assume some have left?

Edited by oh_weds_we_love_you