Glen Hoddle

Former England manager (one of our better ones from the past 20 years) and people still think he's dog sh*t. I doubt he'd come but some people need a serious reality check on who they think we are going to be in for.

Hoddle has been coaching/managing an academy in Spain which develops players with no attachment to clubs. The kid Anya at Watford is a good example of a successful story from this academy and has now signed there permanently.

If anything Hoddle will look at bit more to the youth set up I'm sure but like I'm sure he's actually too high profile to accept the job even if we went in for him. 

I'd take him in a flash.

But he'd want money (for youth investement programmes if not transfers)

He's want the club run his way from top to bottom  - ( with no interference.)

He wouldn't want to manage a side struggling to stay in the Champ.

Edited by DEH9

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

He's been a bit of a fruitbat in the past (with his comments about disabled people) which I think is the reason he hasn't been employed for years.  I think he'd be a great manager but his weird and offensive comments (the reason he lost his England job) still sit a little uneasy with me.  Saying that, I think I could get past that (but I am able bodied).   How would our disabled supporters feel about this?  Employing him could be PR suicide if we consider the positivity that surrounds 'para'-sports at present. 

Read for yourself: 

http://www.theguardian.com/football/1999/jan/30/newsstory.sport7

Edited by shandypants

Glen Hoddle lacks any sort of class apart from that which he had as a footballer nearly thirty years ago. However he underacheived as a player due to a lack of backbone. His comments about disabled people when he was England manager were an absolute disgrace, especially from someone lucky enough to be born with such talent.

His limited success as a manager in England was at a time when introducing European methods was brand new and a bit of a culture shock. It gave him an edge but that was all he had.

He did a decent job at Chelsea but apart from that he acheived very little.

Don't like him as a manager and sincerely dislike him as a person. Not a Sheffield sort of a man, not a Wednesday sort of a man. Would be an out and out disaster as our manager.

Took Swindon from lower leagues to top division

?

No he didn't. He took over a team that had just been promoted via the play-offs (but then demoted due to illegal payments to players) and took them up via the play-offs.

Jeez

The horse is so high you can't even see how many are sat on it.

If everybody, that has said something wrong in their life, were to get the sack, then be told they will never work again.

There will be NOBODY working.

We have ALL said something wrong, doesn't mean they are a bad person. 

ignorance in the extreme

Guest londonowl1

Haha it's good to dream!!!

Would love Hoddle to be Wednesday manager but its not gonna happen.

Out of our league at the moment