Glen Hoddle

If Hoddle had such an issue with players not being able to do things he could do as a player, then why has he spent such a period of time with 16-21 year olds in Spain, who had been released from professional football clubs trying to develop them?

Surely that would frustrate him just as much?

Also, given his decent record with England. It would suggest to me that some of the players of that era, very much bought into his ideas.

I like Hoddle, don't get me wrong. I think the ideas he brings to table should have been listened to years ago.

I don't think your point is comparible though. There is a bit of a difference between 16-21 year olds and the likes of Paul Merson - especially when the likes of the latter are involved in a results based business.

Gary Neville was also critical of his man-management skills.

I remember Paul Merson talking about him saying he wasn't very good with people.

Primarily because they weren't as good as him. He bollocked several players for not being able to chip a ball a certain length with the right trajectory.

Imagine Hoddle trying to get this through to the likes of Semedo?

This was Paul Merson he was making a cock of - a fine player himself.

Waddle said the exact same thing, why he never succeeded in management.

Couldn't understand how some players just couldn't do what he was capable of.

Never going to happen but Hoddle would be a class appointment.

Except that he is vile human being.

A typical quote from the evil scumbag.

"You and I have been physically given two hands and two legs and half-decent brains. Some people have not been born like that for a reason. The karma is working from another lifetime."

Except that he is vile human being.

A typical quote from the evil scumbag.

"You and I have been physically given two hands and two legs and half-decent brains. Some people have not been born like that for a reason. The karma is working from another lifetime."

I'm sorry but what is vile about that, its a personal belief for god sake, granted its not very pc but he paid for it with the England job. I for don't give a monkeys throw what he believes, the man knows football inside out and would take us in the right direction.

On a side note, I work with a consultant psychiatrist who believes that if your cruel to animals then you will come back as an animal. Yes its a bit out there but she is still one of the best professionals in her field.

I've heard England players who played under Hoddle saying they struggled to meet Hoddle's high standards, so I shudder to think how he'd get on with our current squad.

I do wish he'd stayed in the England job longer as he was doing a great job. Real shame he got the bullet for non football reasons.

I'm sorry but what is vile about that, its a personal belief for god sake, granted its not very pc but he paid for it with the England job. I for don't give a monkeys throw what he believes, the man knows football inside out and would take us in the right direction.

On a side note, I work with a consultant psychiatrist who believes that if your cruel to animals then you will come back as an animal. Yes its a bit out there but she is still one of the best professionals in her field.

Ask a disabled person how shïtty comments like that make them feel. Then you might understand.

Jeez

The horse is so high you can't even see how many are sat on it.

If everybody, that has said something wrong in their life, were to get the sack, then be told they will never work again.

There will be NOBODY working.

We have ALL said something wrong, doesn't mean they are a bad person. 

My only worry is how long he's been out of the game.

Has he though? As already said he runs a very successful coaching academy that finds clubs for young players so it could be argued that he knows what is required by clubs in the modern game and how players should be coached.