Does anyone want Jones to stay?

Guest Big Guns

What exactly have you been proved right about? You (allegedly) said 15 months ago that he should be sacked. He hasn't been sacked. That makes you wrong in my book. ;-)

The key word is ..... Should ........ I know it you know it most on here know it and Milan knows it

You said you could not disagree with one of my earlier posts...and now I must be on the wind up?

The performance was abysmal, pathetic, weak. The players must answer as to why. People will say the buck stops with the manager; I say that is a naive cop out.

Course the buck stops with the manager. Its the same in any form of business. The manager employs who does the job, he trains them, decides on how they do the job (tactics), he is the person responsible in motivating them, he shows leadership qualities, takes responsibility when things go wrong, does not palm the blame onto other people. I could write a book on what is expected of a manager as I used to be one and DJ is one hell of a bad manager and has also put together a clueless bunch of first team coaches.

Its all well and good developing a squad for the future, I think that will bear some fruit but the so called players of the future aren't getting game time, here or on loan elsewhere (McCabe, Corry, Palmer for example) But even without throwing loads of money at it, the results haven't been good enough in the meantime:

• Two horrendous runs, last season we lost most of our games between September and December, this season we just haven't been able to win. We are actually WORSE off points wise this season than we were last, that is terrifyingly bad.
  • We are still (on the whole) only turning up for 45 minutes per game, this started against Oldham at the beginning of last season.
  • The team look as if the lights are on but no one is home, earlier in the season we had a lot of effort but without a clear game plan, now we have a team that is seemingly just going through the motions,
  • We have largely an average team with some good quality in there in attacking positions, it was never going to be easy, but it shouldn't be as desperate as this. Could/should the manager have got more from this team and on a low to middling budget? Yes.
  • Money has been tight over recent months, partly due to MM wanting to sell and seemingly due to a reduced amount of investment, but a great deal of money has been spent over the tenure as a whole, how many signings have failed to make it onto the pitch regularly?

The pros severely outweigh the cons at the moment IMO. He hasn't had huge backing this season, the summer was a disaster and seemingly out of his control. Nonetheless, he's still had more backing than most of our recent managers. This is a tough job, but not the impossible job that we keep hearing about.

The key word is ..... Should ........ I know it you know it most on here know it and Milan knows it

I've been saying that Milan should sell the club since November 2010. I know it, you know it, most on here know it and Milan knows it.

flippingdead easy this 'I've been right all along and everybody else was wrong' bollocks init.

I'm not one of those. I was not happy when Megson was fired - I was very annoyed. I liked him a lot. No nonsense, straight talking, candid with the media, Wednesday to his core, and got us up to third. The passion was there for all to see.

That said, I wouldn't draw comparisons or play one against the other. The onus is on Milan to decide how he wants to proceed - and stick with it. You either buy a team or build one over time. Having seemingly chosen the latter, he must be realistic with his demands and the time frame it will take to achieve it.

Any failure to meet targets over a season is collective; players, manager & owner. I don't want him sacked - although I could understand it if Milan makes that call with results as they are; but the reasons for our position would still be there even Dave Jones is not...

Happy Clapper!

DJ's time with us has all been peaks and troughs and surely another peak / sustained run of results is on the cards even though it's hard to see where it might come from.

I've really wanted DJ to be that person that could provide stability and do the building he talked about. It's hard to see whether the foundations he has built so far are actually any good but at the same time is he being allowed to build if he must rely on loans? One thing I am sure about is that he won't be enjoying this period and I don't think he deserves abuse for his efforts but the formula with DJ and Wednesday just might not be what we need now.

Serious questions why do you want him to stay? How do you think he will turn it around? As from what I have witnessed he seems to have lost the plot and chopping and changing with the hope he might discover a magic formula.

other than Kirkland this weekend.

for weeks OT posters have been wanting Reda dropped (so he did) and Llera put back in (which he did)

so it's all your rumbleers fault not Dave's he reads OT you knows

Guest wilyfox

Someone keeps giving themselves a +1 lol

tbf    ive always thought wilyfox argues his point for DJ quite well, considering its a near 

impossible argument to win,    but that above, is EMBARRASSING! 

lol

i don't always do it. Only sometimes when i'm under heavy fire - usually from people that neg and run.

looks bad dunt it  :duntmatter:

You said you could not disagree with one of my earlier posts...and now I must be on the wind up?

The performance was abysmal, pathetic, weak. The players must answer as to why. People will say the buck stops with the manager; I say that is a naive cop out.

What do you think the main difference is this season at Man United?

Last season they ran away with the league by the way with the same players.

Damn this is a good post , I might even plus myself.

Guest wilyfox

What do you think the main difference is this season at Man United?

Last season they ran away with the league by the way with the same players.

Damn this is a good post , I might even plus myself.

they're adjusting to change. Was always going to happen. They'll come good though because of the calibre of player they have. Injuries to Vidic and Ferdinand haven't helped. They also lost Scholes.

The two situations bear no resemblance; they unsettled 2 decades of stability. We've not had anything like that; Laws the only manager to manage 3yrs in the last 15...

they're adjusting to change. Was always going to happen. They'll come good though because of the calibre of player they have. Injuries to Vidic and Ferdinand haven't helped. They also lost Scholes.

The two situations bear no resemblance; they unsettled 2 decades of stability. We've not had anything like that; Laws the only manager to manage 3yrs in the last 15...

Or you could just say there new manager is nowhere near as good as the last one.

Guest wilyfox

Or you could just say there new manager is nowhere near as good as the last one.

No, not yet. Only if he fails to deliver success over time.