Does anyone want Jones to stay?

Guest Big Guns

Maybe but why would that matter?

Football is fickle. 

Better that than rigidly sticking to a knee jerk opinion formed in the distant past. 

even tho its been proved right he he he ;-)

Guest wilyfox

people still maintain megson was rubbish yet dave is great

I'm not one of those. I was not happy when Megson was fired - I was very annoyed. I liked him a lot. No nonsense, straight talking, candid with the media, Wednesday to his core, and got us up to third. The passion was there for all to see.

That said, I wouldn't draw comparisons or play one against the other. The onus is on Milan to decide how he wants to proceed - and stick with it. You either buy a team or build one over time. Having seemingly chosen the latter, he must be realistic with his demands and the time frame it will take to achieve it.

Any failure to meet targets over a season is collective; players, manager & owner. I don't want him sacked - although I could understand it if Milan makes that call with results as they are; but the reasons for our position would still be there even Dave Jones is not...

Guest wilyfox

I don't think many people would think that the second half of last season was an 'up'.

I don't see why not. Top 6 form for a sustainable period was a marked improvement on the first half of the season; and 58pts was a respectable tally for our first year back. Because Norwich and Southampton achieved promotion two consecutive seasons, people seem to want that every year now. I think that was a freak occurrence.

Guest wilyfox

'Build one over time'... dismantle one over a short period of time more like.

Dismantle? By replacing Rob Jones with Anthony Gardner, Bywater with Kirkland, and letting 34yr old Ryan Lowe go?

I know what Holloway said about too many changes at Palace and people apply that sentiment here, but I feel he was unfairly harsh on himself there. He had to make wholesale changes to atleast try and get enough quality into their squad to have a go at surviving.

DJ needed to do the same here last year, in my opinion.

I would like Jones to remain in charge, almost as an experiment, we've changed managers loads since i've been watching Wednesday and apart from short term boost when everyone is behind the new man, it doesn't really seem to have made much difference.

We are always told that stability breeds success, so I would like us to give it a go.

However, I can't see this happening. He has already lost too many of the crowd.

Guest Big Guns

I would like Jones to remain in charge, almost as an experiment, we've changed managers loads since i've been watching Wednesday and apart from short term boost when everyone is behind the new man, it doesn't really seem to have made much difference.

We are always told that stability breeds success, so I would like us to give it a go.

However, I can't see this happening. He has already lost too many of the crowd.

how long should he be allowed to flip things up then i think its already been a costly experiment proving that giving him time isnt working

Guest wilyfox

how long should he be allowed to flip things up then i think its already been a costly experiment proving that giving him time isnt working

That's like asking the poor how long they should live in poverty.

Guest wilyfox

Or a builder, who you have already paid, when he's going to finish the job.

Not the same. The quality of the builder's work would be the equivalent. Dave Jones is doing his job - just not getting the results to keep everyone happy.

Guest wilyfox

The first 45 minutes on Saturday were grotesque. Professional footballers?

I think you must be on the wind up.

:tango:

You said you could not disagree with one of my earlier posts...and now I must be on the wind up?

The performance was abysmal, pathetic, weak. The players must answer as to why. People will say the buck stops with the manager; I say that is a naive cop out.

Guest Big Guns

You said you could not disagree with one of my earlier posts...and now I must be on the wind up?

The performance was abysmal, pathetic, weak. The players must answer as to why. People will say the buck stops with the manager; I say that is a naive cop out.

im in shock at the stupidity of this post all i can do is neg it

Guest wilyfox

im in shock at the stupidity of this post all i can do is neg it

Take some more 'roids, that'll help you deal with the shock. And try not to trip over your IQ, it's low down there...

That is my thoughts as well.

We have tried chopping and changing managers for the past 18 years, why not try the same manager for that amount of time.

I couldn't really care less if it is Jones or someone else, just stop changing managers every time we go on a bad run.

Have we always had poor managers who have deserved to be fired? If so, why do we keep having poor managers? Do we have a problem scouting managers? Perhaps we should fix this first.

We have tried the changing managers every 5 minutes, and it hasn't worked. Perhaps its time to try something different?