Does anyone want Jones to stay?

I stand alone...but with Delia Smith. Come and have a go if you think ya 'ard enough!

If he turned it around I was holding out for the right to start threads saying I told you so.

Looks like it's you who will be the one to steal the limelight now I have caved in.

lol

Edited by Beholder

Guest wilyfox

If he turned it around I was holding out for the right to start threads saying I told you so.

Looks like it's you who will be the one to steal the limelight now I have caved in.

lol

It's ok, I'll hire some muscle. Always thought you were a cat anyway lol

Guest Big Guns

lol

you will probably change your mind again next week

Guest SouthLeedsOwl

To be fair to Jones he hasnt walked and could have done after the Huddersfield debacle, he's seeing it through and the squads coming togeth.....oh what the flip who am I kidding, JONES OUT

Guest wilyfox

Serious questions why do you want him to stay? How do you think he will turn it around? As from what I have witnessed he seems to have lost the plot and chopping and changing with the hope he might discover a magic formula.

I don't like to see any of our managers fail or sacked, for one. I also think Jones has pedigree. He's shown that at Wolves, Cardiff and Southampton. Milan chose to go about trying to establish ourselves as a championship club in a certain way by developing players rather than throw money at it. They would have hashed that plan together, and should be prepared to see it through. It was always likely to take longer and have ups and downs; we're not experiencing anything that wasn't a probability.

I don't like to see any of our managers fail or sacked, for one. I also think Jones has pedigree. He's shown that at Wolves, Cardiff and Southampton. Milan chose to go about trying to establish ourselves as a championship club in a certain way by developing players rather than throw money at it. They would have hashed that plan together, and should be prepared to see it through. It was always likely to take longer and have ups and downs; we're not experiencing anything that wasn't a probability.

Can't disagree with any of that.

He's still been bloody rubbish, though.

Whilst I kind of agree .... 2 'ups' / wins in 21 though isn't quite what we had in mind.

wolves cost him millions, Cardiff promoted when he left,although he stabalised em for 6 seasons so I will concede that point ,

megsons pedigree is as good if not better when you ad another prem promotion and Europe ,but people still maintain megson was rubbish yet dave is great ,,

but all that aside as it is in the past ,what matters is now and the future and whichever way you look at it it's very Bleak for SWFC therefore he must go before we get any worse if that can be the case

Guest wilyfox

Whilst I kind of agree .... 2 'ups' / wins in 21 though isn't quite what we had in mind.

I look at it longer term than that. First up...auto promotion. First down...start of last season. Next up....recovery second half of last season. Current down...first half of this season.

id like him to stay, the alternatives are entirely unconvincing and irrelevant unless Milan opens the funds up to recruit better players in January. I think Jones is a decent manager for this level, and we are at the stage where he has got to have a go at teams and go for three points - when we usually play our best.

Not sure im convinced he can keep us up, but i thought that last season.

I wanted Jones to succeed and at times have thought that maybe we are moving forward but all I see now is the first team going backwards to where we were when Jones came in and ultimately that is what managers will be judged on. Its not helped him either with the poor runs we had last season.

I look at it longer term than that. First up...auto promotion. First down...start of last season. Next up....recovery second half of last season. Current down...first half of this season.

I don't think many people would think that the second half of last season was an 'up'.