Milan and Jones

The Valencia Boycott sounds pretty amazing. If only we could get 18-20 thousand people to do it.

Too many people are happy to just saunter in to the ground week on week ike zombies and watch that sorry excuse for football

Too true buddy....Wake up!! We can have more of an impact on things here!!

Another sniper.

Up a bit, down a bit, right a bit, fire.

Oops, you missed too.

No, just prefer consistency in posters who pretend to be itk... instead of breaking different (often contradictory) news every other week.

P.S. I have only ever had one log-in user name - its the same one I used when you were PM'ing me that Geoff Sheard was nailed on for taking us over....

Fifty one years, and I've had enough.

why now though - why not when we were relegated from the prem, or suffered scraps in the championship under the likes of Jewell, Yorath, Shreeves etc??

why not under Irvne? why now - just to add to the "Jones Out" philosophy?

The Valencia Boycott sounds pretty amazing. If only we could get 18-20 thousand people to do it.

Too many people are happy to just saunter in to the ground week on week ike zombies and watch that sorry excuse for football

this is something i do agree with ...

its easy to say VOTE WITH YOUR FEET - but how can you do that when you are a season ticket holder .. when you go as a fan you cling on to the hope that you'll get another Reading result .. or that something good will happen - if we vote with our feet, we'll turn into those rubbish fans that decide not to go to those lower league clubs because they are struggling or because they have a lack of funds (not the greatest or arguments to use and a bit different i understand) but that's how i feel

we need to be showing solidarity in the stands and shouting/chanting our displeasure ..

i agree with the OP around Mandaric .. i agree that things aren't looking good for DJ at the moment, but i'll keep my current disdain for the chairman who i think is dictating a lot of what Jones has to do with regards the recruitment, who he can bring in, the budget etc ...

MM needs to wake up and smell the coffee beans and starting showing that he's committed to the club in more ways then bringing out some statements to paper over the cracks 

I can't help thinking that Jones must have known what he was taking on when he was employed by Milan,unless Milan spun him the biggest lie ever ,

but that said i hope i'm wrong but it's too big a job for Jones,and to my mind what funds (small or whatever ) have been utilsed to the detriment of the team you can count on one hand the decent players we have ,and this will obviously affect how we play ,dave tried to change things to quickly for me and it has never worked we are allways playing catchup on teams supposedly worse than us , i agree with the op And find his  post as true to the mark as possible and the only ones who can change it unfortunately won't or can't

I can't help thinking that Jones must have known what he was taking on when he was employed by Milan,unless Milan spun him the biggest lie ever ,

but that said i hope i'm wrong but it's too big a job for Jones,and to my mind what funds (small or whatever ) have been utilsed to the detriment of the team you can count on one hand the decent players we have ,and this will obviously affect how we play ,dave tried to change things to quickly for me and it has never worked we are allways playing catchup on teams supposedly worse than us , i agree with the op And find his  post as true to the mark as possible and the only ones who can change it unfortunately won't or can't

Jones was on the wave of euphoria and after the fantastic start last year he started to f**k up. Departure of Terry Burton? Not so much (or too much) of the netball lass, the wife found out...who knows...who cares? Everybody else cares.....except the person who is running the club.

why now though - why not when we were relegated from the prem, or suffered scraps in the championship under the likes of Jewell, Yorath, Shreeves etc??

why not under Irvne? why now - just to add to the "Jones Out" philosophy?

I honestly don't know why now and not then, maybe I'm older wiser or maybe I've seen it so many times before that it's the straw that broke the camels, Badgers back.

Or maybe it's because we were promised so much after promotion by MM, that has not materialised and the realisation that they were those promises were empty. 

I just can't put my finger on it.

Nothing to do with the Jones out culture, although I do think he needs to go before It's to late.

Edited by Corneliusreeve

I honestly don't know why now and not then, maybe I'm older wiser or maybe I've seen it so many times before that it's the straw that broke the camels, Badgers back.

Or maybe it's because we were promised so much after promotion by MM, that has not materialised and the realisation that they were those promises were empty. 

I just can't put my finger on it.

Nothing to do with the Jones out culture, although I do think he needs to go before It's to late.

I think you do know why.........don't be shy mate!!

Perhaps you're right.

A promise or a ploy to sell a few more season tickets....? I'm sure you're old enough to not believe everything you hear.... I didn't get drawn into the whole "we aren't here to make up the numbers" rubbish. I think the people that did are the ones that are in a total state of either despair or apathy right now. 

A promise or a ploy to sell a few more season tickets....? I'm sure you're old enough to not believe everything you hear.... I didn't get drawn into the whole "we aren't here to make up the numbers" rubbish. I think the people that did are the ones that are in a total state of either despair or apathy right now.

After promotion weren't you in the slightest optimistic about our future did you not feel that we would make a fist of it in this division.

Did you believe from the start that MM was telling lies.

I didn't expect promotion but did believe things were looking up for us.

Maybe I have been foolish, you know what they say, no fool like an old fool.

But no more. The

very difficult situation this for many of us

with the previous regime you sort of knew that the failure was down to inept governorship of the club since the early 90s

With MM we have the undying gratitude that he saved us from admin but now we have the realisation that he just isn't the benefactor we hoped for a lot of the rhetoric and tub bashing was in fact hot air  

I've always said this and I still believe it to be true, that this club is a far far bigger project than MM thought it was - this club now needs an owner with deeper pockets and dynamism.  The death by a thousand cuts will take a bit of recovery but nothing that a bit of displaying ambition won't cure.

Nobody is more cynical than me, but even I thought we'd be establishing ourselves as a championship force by now. By force, I mean a good solid footballing mid table side that didn't have to resort to negative tactics to stay in the division. Last year I tolerated the dire football as we needed to consolidate after our awful pre Christmas form.

After promotion weren't you in the slightest optimistic about our future did you not feel that we would make a fist of it in this division.

Did you believe from the start that MM was telling lies.

I didn't expect promotion but did believe things were looking up for us.

Maybe I have been foolish, you know what they say, no fool like an old fool.

But no more. The

Yeah I was optimistic - we all were. The way we got promoted was a way you couldn't even write in a fairytail. Milan made the noises we all wanted to hear for one reason and one reason only - to sell season tickets. He's an astute business man. 

That summer was one of the busiest summers i've ever seen at Hillsborough in terms of incoming players. A lot of them were ones that I didn't know anything about from their past so my optimism was blind. And thats the reason why i didn't buy into the whole "we're going to do a norwich/southampton". If we'd have splashed the cash a little and got ourselves an Adam Le Fondre type striker and an Andy Reid style midfielder then yes, i may have thought we could have challenged. The reality of it was that we dabbled in the free transfer market for our business. With the exception of Maguire and Antonio. Both of whom, were pretty much unproven at Championship level.

So as much as i was optimistic, I was also ridiculously pessimistic. But thats in my nature.... It takes a lot to excite me!  

with the previous regime you sort of knew that the failure was down to inept governorship of the club since the early 90s

With MM we have the undying gratitude that he saved us from admin but now we have the realisation that he just isn't the benefactor we hoped for a lot of the rhetoric and tub bashing was in fact hot air

I've always said this and I still believe it to be true, that this club is a far far bigger project than MM thought it was - this club now needs an owner with deeper pockets and dynamism. The death by a thousand cuts will take a bit of recovery but nothing that a bit of displaying ambition won't cure.

Hard to see where that ambition is going to come from any time soon.

For the moment I'd settle for a little passion and hard graft.

It isn't, because Milan will rightly want to see a return on his money, we are not an attractive proposition to an investor. We may have a decent fan base but the accounts will show, that fan base produces only meagre revenue. We have a ground that needs, either knocking down, or major investment in it. We are not in a prime city centre location, so the ground has no land value.

In this financial climate and with the advent of FFP, we are simply not marketable to a new investor.

with the previous regime you sort of knew that the failure was down to inept governorship of the club since the early 90s

With MM we have the undying gratitude that he saved us from admin but now we have the realisation that he just isn't the benefactor we hoped for a lot of the rhetoric and tub bashing was in fact hot air  

I've always said this and I still believe it to be true, that this club is a far far bigger project than MM thought it was - this club now needs an owner with deeper pockets and dynamism.  The death by a thousand cuts will take a bit of recovery but nothing that a bit of displaying ambition won't cure.

Absolutely....he thought he was onto a relatively quick handsome return - brought in a legend as manager - mistake No. 2...No. 1 was not sacking Irvine on the day he arrived at the club. By not doing this he illustrated a level of complacency, the sacking of Megson (don't put the face) and appointment of Jones again illustrated more complacency.

The promotion, the euphoria, the rise of the club, so soon, by the dynamic "most experienced manager in the Championship".....how could Mandaric lose?  

then......"you want how much for Antonio.....are you having a larf?....- I'm off on holiday Dave, we'll talk about it when I get back in 6 weeks, meanwhile try and pick up as many cheap players as you can - if we miss any, don't worry we can always rely on the loan system - you're the right man for this job - you told me so!"