Roger Johnson

I thought this was just a 'shop window' loan, with Wolves subsidising most of his wages to hopefully get a fee for him when it's finished. I doubt we'd be willing to pay the £1m+ they'll want to be recouping on him. I think, best case scenario (and if he keeps up his form), we'll get him on loan for the season.

How long is Gardner out for?

Guest Sheff Owl

Would we have got him if Gardener had stayed fit though

I think we have always been after Roger, i would imagine if the deal suited earlier than we might not have signed Zayatte.

I don't believe for a second that Dave Jones hadn't played in his mind a partnership of Roger and Gardner.

Some shyte spoken about him before he signed

People can now see we have one of the best CB's outside the premier

I really hope we can come to a deal with Wolves because he looks happy and is enjoying his football and hopefully he's learned from the Wolves debacle

I really hope we can come to a deal with Wolves because he looks happy and is enjoying his football and hopefully he's learned from the Wolves debacle

He seemed hated by them Wolves fans last season.

Guest Sheff Owl

As i mentioned before the jury is still out for me with Zayatte even tho he had a good game today.

I'll put it out there what about Roger and Taylor as a partnership?

His ability was never in doubt, but he was questionable given his recent history. Easy to call it "shyte" in hindsight.

His ability was never in doubt, but he was questionable given his recent history. Easy to call it "shyte" in hindsight.

The "shyte" were things like;

"why are we signing a player who isn't good enough to get into a league 1 side"

"why are we signing an alcoholic"

And if you don't think his ability was ever in doubt with some fans on here you might wanna revisit some of the threads about him