YOU FANS

Guest Ryan Rye

Guest JonTheOwl66

So please can you and other stop stating for a FACT that a management change will make no a difference as you don't know this.

This is probably the worst argument going to keep Jones.

flipping awful.

This is probably the worst argument going to keep Jones.

flipping awful.

It isn't actually an argument for keeping him. It is a request for folk to stop stating as FACT that the only solution is to get rid of him.

What happens if we sack Jones and instead of drawing every game we start losing every game?

The DJ out brigade seem to think that change the manager and everything will be fine. They accuse us of blind optimism

Guest Distraught!

The DJ out brigade seem to think that change the manager and everything will be fine. They accuse us of blind optimism

That part is the ridiculous bit.

Yes, we are now past the point where it is worthwhile trying to make any case for keeping Jones from a footballing perspective but there is no certainty that it will result in an upturn of results. Of course, you can argue that if you from no wins to one win, it is an improvement but it would make no material difference to our situation. Some people use arguments that the next guy can't be any worse. I would argue that is the worst possible reason for recruiting a new guy. There has to be rationale behind any managerial appointment otherwise the chance of jumping out of the frying pan into the fire is very high indeed.

Guest JonTheOwl66

That part is the ridiculous bit.

Yes, we are now past the point where it is worthwhile trying to make any case for keeping Jones from a footballing perspective but there is no certainty that it will result in an upturn of results. Of course, you can argue that if you from no wins to one win, it is an improvement but it would make no material difference to our situation. Some people use arguments that the next guy can't be any worse. I would argue that is the worst possible reason for recruiting a new guy. There has to be rationale behind any managerial appointment otherwise the chance of jumping out of the frying pan into the fire is very high indeed.

Then what do we do?

You seem to have all the answers - but I'm yet to see an argument that clearly sets out what you think should happen.

Guest Distraught!

Then what do we do?

You seem to have all the answers - but I'm yet to see an argument that clearly sets out what you think should happen.

I think it is a very difficult situation because of the state of the club generally. The ideal situation would be for Mandaric and Jones to leave together and the new owners bring in a quality manager with chance to rebuild the club from top to bottom. Where we are now, I accept that Jones has run his tenure but it is going to be hit and miss whether the new guy can do anything to change the situation. It will simply be wing and a prayer strategy as far as I can see it. With the resources the club has now, that is about the state of things.

Guest Distraught!

Well, we're fvcked then.

TBH, I think until things change financially, as sad as it is to say it, your statement might not be far off the truth.