I know it's Dutch but you can't argue with the science

Guest Big Guns

I know it's Dutch but you can't argue with the science

Can't resist bumping this bugger...

The other thread on here reminded me of something I posted months ago. Above...

Sooooo - Given that we are going to finish within a couple of points and places as last season.

I was totally correct, the science is spot on and sacking DJ has had minimal effect.

In fact I'm going to predict right now, we will also finish somewhere between 50 and 58 points next season, whoever is managing us  :biggrin:

the science and you was totaly wrong as was distraught 

Guest Big Guns

BG you disappoint me as I thought you would have bumped up this thread.

well i didnt want to show off proving that not only do i know more than the owlstalk smartass brigade but also a top dutch scientist 

just another normal day for me been right again lol

Guest Distraught!

well i didnt want to show off proving that not only do i know more than the owlstalk smartass brigade but also a top dutch scientist 

just another normal day for me been right again lol

Read again what that top dutch scientist said. He made reference to the fact that changing manager sometimes has a temporary affect on results but rarely leads to any long term improvement. The facts depending on which perspective you look at them from is we are not much better in terms of league position than last season and, if Gray cannot kick on from where we are now, the Dutch scientist will have been proved absolutely spot on. It is a case of whether Gray can keep the momentum going or run out of steam. My money is on Wednesday getting through about another three managers in the next three years and not be one iota further forward (unless the club drops lucky with investment).

So basically this Dutch scientist in Owlstalk language for certain posters was saying that sacking Dour was not going to bring about a change of form as Dour quoted himself saying "what good will changing the manager do he still has the same players to work with" but by sacking him there could be chance that it might bring about positive results. So if the club sack Dour it will be wrong but it will be pure accident if the club stays up. Is this Owlstalks equivalent of the witch trials?

There is nothing wrong with admitting you were wrong is there?

Guest Distraught!

What worries me more than anything is the way football comes back and kicks those that gloat in the teeth. I suspect that Cardiff will be relegated this season and Tan will appoint dour to get them back up. I can see dour using the financial pull of the parachute payments to coax away our best players (he like former players, doesn't he) and possibly some of our transfer targets (Fryatt). Then if the football gods want to be really nasty, it could be Cardiff that relegates us with dour stood on the sidelines with his arms folded watching on.

Guest Big Guns

What worries me more than anything is the way football comes back and kicks those that gloat in the teeth. I suspect that Cardiff will be relegated this season and Tan will appoint dour to get them back up. I can see dour using the financial pull of the parachute payments to coax away our best players (he like former players, doesn't he) and possibly some of our transfer targets (Fryatt). Then if the football gods want to be really nasty, it could be Cardiff that relegates us with dour stood on the sidelines with his arms folded watching on.

are you mad ?

Guest Big Guns

You don't think such a thing could possibly happen, I take it? 

id be very surprised if jones went back to cardiff and id be very surprised if we went down 

id be even more surprised if your predicted chain of events happened

it could possibly happen but it wont

Guest Distraught!

So us realists have been proven right once again.

That statement will either be proved right or wrong in a year or two's time. Right now, nothing has been proved one way or another because we are still no further forward in real terms than we were this time last season. 

Guest Big Guns

That statement will either be proved right or wrong in a year or two's time. Right now, nothing has been proved one way or another because we are still no further forward in real terms than we were this time last season. 

but dave jones would have relegated us 

I've been proven right because the only thing that matters is points.

And we're going to end up on just about the same points as last season when DJ was in charge.

So sacking him had no effect.

We're in the same place (points wise) as we were last year.

Forget the fact you didn't like him or the football was rubbish or the players didn't look interested, just concentrate on the points total.

See.

Me and the Dutch bloke, we're right...

Again.

Guest Distraught!

but dave jones would have relegated us 

That is opinion or assumption that is stated as fact on this forum.

Obviously that cannot be proved one way or the other either though it certainly wasn't looking promising.

The thing you must bear in mind is Laws almost took us to the play-offs when he got the job. The next season started with six straight defeats and relegation avoided on the last day. Gray has to start again from zero next season and he might not turn out the way many think. I wish him the best and fully back him as I do for almost all of the managers. But I think he's going to find it tough.

I've been proven right because the only thing that matters is points.

And we're going to end up on just about the same points as last season when DJ was in charge.

So sacking him had no effect.

We're in the same place (points wise) as we were last year.

Forget the fact you didn't like him or the football was rubbish or the players didn't look interested, just concentrate on the points total.

See.

Me and the Dutch bloke, we're right...

Again.

No offence, but you're talking out of your ar5e.

We avoided relegation with games to spare as opposed to the final game last season, and we'll finish higher in the league as well. If it's "only about points" try telling that to our neighbours who failed to get promoted with 90 points a couple of years ago, which would have been good enough for the title in some other seasons.

Plus, crucially, if you don't think we've gained anything by sacking Jones in November then you need your bumps feeling - had we kept Jones with his negative tactics and refusal to show faith in certain players we'd have almost certainly been playing League One football next season as opposed to having a realistic expectation of midtable Championship or higher - you know full well that sacking Jones was the correct decision, you just don't have the balls to admit it.

Read again what that top dutch scientist said. He made reference to the fact that changing manager sometimes has a temporary affect on results but rarely leads to any long term improvement.

Mmmmmm..........  So on 6th November 1986 when Man Utd sacked Ron Atkinson and appointed some hardly-known Aberdeen manager, they should have only expected a temporary effect on results?    The dutch scientist maybe should stick to Dutch science and leave the MASSIVE decisions to the likes of Big Guns.    :-)