How long has Jones got left ?

In answer to the question, we are 1 heavy defeat away from having a new manager. It's a matter of time.

A number of significant factors are in place. We've had a recent hammering, we're in a long spell without a win, we're in the relegation zone, we have been unable to beat some of the poorer sides in the division, there was little spirit to overcome the smallest team in the division who had a man less and the manager demonstrated a bit of a strop when a reporter asked him about his position.

Maybe the only one missing now is a significant number of supporters barracking him during games. If that happens the chairman couldn't afford to delay too long before the manager's position became absolutely untenable.

and leaving it that late will probably see us go down. A defeat at Brighton and Ipswich is the latest he can leave it. If he keeps him after that then mm should expect to reap what he's sowing.

This is what I don't yet with MM - he flirted with relagation all last season and has failed to invest correctly to prevent more of the same this season. This form surely affects his ability to get his valuation of the club. Is he just playing a massive game of porker here hoping he sells before it gets too bad, or does he really have faith in DJ - it's confusing.

Guest Sheff Owl

As Dave Jones said in the interview today football is about results and he's not stupid.

Losing Tuesday could be enough but if not i think the Ipswich game is win or be gone.

Although everything probably points at we can't sack him, these 2 games will probably override all of that.

DJ is obviously totally frustrated by the lack of quality in the squad. A master plan of building a developement squad etc. and trying to put together a viable first team is proving impossible on what has been a reducing budget. Couple that with wasted resources, Slothroyd, Taylor etc. etc. and we now have a position where it is all too obvious that he is just going through the motions until the takeover is complete when, I'm sure he suspects, that there will be wholesale changes.

A case of trying to do too much too soon with not enough financial backing....all credit for not driving us into the red in a suicidal manner as has happened in the past, but an attempt at too much too soon nonetheless.

Pity, had the financial clout been there I'm confident that things would look a lot rosier by now......but how often have we said that over the years?

It could well be that only two good wins in the next two matches will provide a stay of execution before the axe drops, even though Milan clearly wants to delay that until the new owners arrive....his hand may well be forced though.

Thanks for saving us Milan, but it's now clear that the honeymoon period is well and truly behind us and you are losing that zeal you had at first.

so you dont actually watch us? why the strong opinions?

Went to about 12 games last season, enjoyed it even when we lost.

Yeovil would have been the first game I was able to get to this season but decided that £28 was not worth it when I could save that to see your forrests or barnsleys (would have loved to make today too). The run of form and how everyone's going on here how grim it is isn't selling it to us part timers.

I'm sorry for being a part timer and an overacting ******.

Edited by RobbieOwler

honestly would keep him here. people cite how a change of manager has worked for others, but i reckon that is cancelled out quite easily by the opposite

would quite happily say it's not 100% down to him where we find ourselves today, and I'd quite happily say that any available manager to us at the moment would not find too much improvement in our current squad- regardless if jones failed miserably this summer with recruitment, a change in manager can't change that.

either way, it's dark times over Hillsborough, and in short, a change in manager isn't going to suddenly spur us up the table, get us investment and suddenly sign many a player. I think there is a lot more to it than dave jones.