Carlton Palmer's comments today

Carlton was in the 1867 lounge today and gave a speech essentially trying to get us to back Jones. He said we have to give him time. Well Carlton I respect you immensely but Jones has had more than enough time at S6. He had a full season last year and we were very nearly relegated. He's had 9 games this season and amassed 4 points.

Carlton you're a top man and i love you......but you're wrong about Jones.

Get rid now!!!!!

Carlton was in the 1867 lounge today and gave a speech essentially trying to get us to back Jones. He said we have to give him time. Well Carlton I respect you immensely but Jones has had more than enough time at S6. He had a full season last year and we were very nearly relegated. He's had 9 games this season and amassed 4 points.

Carlton you're a top man and i love you......but you're wrong about Jones.

Get rid now!!!!!

Yeah lets forget the fact it was a freak season last year and everybody around us kept winning week after week.

Guest LeamingtonOwl

I think Pal we head coach, Llera player manager could be interesting. Mansfield would not be where they are now if it was not for the great foundations Palmer implemented.

Yeah lets forget the fact it was a freak season last year and everybody around us kept winning week after week.s are that we had to win our last game to survive!

The facts are that we had to win the last game to survive! The facts are we are third from bottom without a win this season. Jones is totally useless - end of.

The facts are that we had to win the last game to survive! The facts are we are third from bottom without a win this season. Jones is totally useless - end of.

The fact is we got a lot of points last season that would have normally seen us comfortably safe.

I was just slagging off Jones' negative tactics to my mates when in walks Carlton and starts telling us to be patient with him and that he's a good manager. Well he might have been back then Carlton but he's lost the plot now. Much better performance today, but another very dissapointing outcome. Sorry Dave it's time to get ya coat.

Yeah lets forget the fact it was a freak season last year and everybody around us kept winning week after week.

I agree with you there Dan, but can see this season is going be a lot harder,

We need a manager that can "manage" players.

It’s all well and good having a few quid to bring in 30 odd players, loans and freebies (that still have to be paid for in other ways)

But I still think decent money could have been spent upon promotion on 2 or 3 decent additions that would be bought and paid for, and the same again this season.

The squad we won promotion with, in my opinion worked for each other and would have finished around if not higher where we finished last season.

Breaking a team and a team sprit apart is not the way to go.

But at the end of the day we have a builder that I would not trust to build the new patio on my back garden

I think what we really need is for Jones to stop telling the players to go out and make mistakes and lose concentration at vital moments the daft Cnut. It's obvious he wants us to be relegated with that kind of sh!t going on. I think Milan is in on it too

Boooooo

I agree with you there Dan, but can see this season is going be a lot harder,

We need a manager that can "manage" players.

It’s all well and good having a few quid to bring in 30 odd players, loans and freebies (that still have to be paid for in other ways)

But I still think decent money could have been spent upon promotion on 2 or 3 decent additions that would be bought and paid for, and the same again this season.

The squad we won promotion with, in my opinion worked for each other and would have finished around if not higher where we finished last season.

Breaking a team and a team sprit apart is not the way to go.

But at the end of the day we have a builder that I would not trust to build the new patio on my back garden

We did sign Kirkland, Antonio, Maguire (never gets played but looks decent when he comes on), McCabe (same story), Mattock (was meant to be good) and one or two others that didn't really work out.

I think we invested reasonably well and have a more talented squad than the one that won promotion, although we did get rid of Lines and COG, which were both poor decisions.

I can only put it down to the manager. He's playing people out of position, can't seem to motivate them, hasn't got that hard-working team spirit that Megson built and his tactics are often just too negative.