Zayette, Roger Johnson , McPhail

Iv not said anything about the players or slagged them off I just dont think its a good idea (at any level of football) to change things too much, especially at cb and cm. You cant just throw 2 players into the spine of ur team who are not match fit, you can maybe get away with one but 2 is risky. Jones also spoke about how we were unbeaten in 4 and not that far away so why the risky changes??

So why didn't he retire then?

Not sure, only what I was told a few weeks ago by an ex pro who talks to him on occasions, he is on a two year contract, does he need the club to agree for him to retire or cancel his contract or was he just talked cajoled into giving it another go. 

I never said DJ forced him to play.

Not sure, only what I was told a few weeks ago by an ex pro who talks to him on occasions, he is on a two year contract, does he need the club to agree for him to retire or cancel his contract or was he just talked cajoled into giving it another go. 

I never said DJ forced him to play.

If he wants to retire that's his decision

Any player can walk away at any time - the club will hold onto their registration but it won't prevent them from retiring

Guest dunellaowl

He will pick johnson,mcphail and zayatte because there the best we have in those positions, not because hes taking em to dempseys then bumming em!!

Given statements about the need for a settled defence, it was strange that Llera wa dropped for R Johnson.

However, it just shows that DJ did not want Llera to extend his stay in the team, having acquired R Johnson.

So the bigger question is why re-sign Llera if he was not going to be even first reserve for the centre back positions?

I think McPhail could prove a good addition, so i won't berate him after one game. Our defenders need games together. We're reshuffling every week. On paper they're all good players. On the pitch...it's not working yet. But we've seen many times that things can change very quickly.