Glenn Hoddle

I think he would be great, he's not old when it comes to management, I think he can polish turds, as proven. Maybe he just needs a start somewhere to get back into management, I don't think Premiership clubs have been

clamouring to get him in at all...

I would just hope he's calmed his god stuff down a bit and looked back to football as his religion instead!!

He couldn't do any bloody worse than DJ could he?[/

quote]

Spot on Jonny boy.

Explain to me what we have to offer him. We have no money and a squad thrown together made up of loans and frees with the odd bit of potential thrown in here and there.

Don't say potential big crowds and a traditional club because that is irrelevant and the reason why some fans have a chip on their shoulder about Wednesday, even though we have been vvank since about 1997.

For me he has to be the next Wednesday manager for a number of reasons.

1) Proven at this level, premiership level and international level.

2) Out of work.

3) Has excellent knowledge of the game.

4) Can attract quality players and has good contacts throughout the game.

5) Has passion.

6) Currently runs his own academy so is up to date with the best young talent out there.

7) Has had much success at most levels.

8) Can work with a large or small budget.

9) Is a marked improvement on what we have.

10) Is a very realistic target.

Come on Milan make it happen and save our season.

11) Vile evil human being.

For me he has to be the next Wednesday manager for a number of reasons.

1) Proven at this level, premiership level and international level.

2) Out of work.

3) Has excellent knowledge of the game.

4) Can attract quality players and has good contacts throughout the game.

5) Has passion.

6) Currently runs his own academy so is up to date with the best young talent out there.

7) Has had much success at most levels.

8) Can work with a large or small budget.

9) Is a marked improvement on what we have.

10) Is a very realistic target.

Come on Milan make it happen and save our season.

He runs a very successful soccer academy in Spain so doesn't need the cash or the hassle. Also makes money by running an agency for released young players helping them find new clubs.Be a difficult choice for him Living the good life in Spain teaching young kids for a lot of cash or managing us at Hillsborough on a wet November afternoon with 20k fans calling you a wobbler.

Edited by darra

He'd need some backing - like any manager - and I don't think that is going to be forthcoming for whoever is in the job.

Don't think he's a bad suggestion (I did neg you), but I think he is a very unrealistic one as things currently stand.

No he's like a doddery old man Have you heard him as a pundit, hasn't got a clue about what he's just watched

I agree he's perhaps not the most natural media pundit BUT to suggest he doesn't have a clue is crazy. Always insightful and tactical spot on.

Would have a clear vision.

If he has the appetite, and is willing it come, he'd be my first choice.

Glenn Hoddle has been retired from football management longer than Tony Blair has been retired from running our country. Hope that brings some perspective to this ridiculous suggestion.

Maybe, but Hoddle has remained in football and has such a deep understanding of it that the time spent away from management wouldn't be an issue

I still maintain however he'd walk into a premiership job if he wanted to

Merson said when Hoddle was England manager he would get frustrated because they could not do as he asked. He was calling for a pass of particular direction and trajectory and Merson could not do it and nor could anyone else. Hoddle ran over and showed them exactly what he meant with a 'worldly' pass.

Can you imagine his frustrations with our players?

His expectations would be too high and his tactics too complex for our motley crew.

RIP Glenn Hoddle then.