Glenn Hoddle

Why do we always look to the past, we do it with managers and players.

We need to be looking to the future

Because past history often indicates and influences future outcomes.

Looking at young up and coming managers is a gamble and one were not in a position to make.

It has to be the tried and tested route this time round.

Guest everydays_wednesday

Dave Jones called Hoddle his nemesis in his autobiography. As he always seems to follow him into a job when he's been sacked

lets hope that history repeats itself and quickly......

best England manager since sir bobby and as a previous poster said had it not been for a silly comment.....who knows.

He would be awesome. Connections throughout Europe, his own academy etc. now he would be a real builder. However no way would he come to us. Realistically we are a club that is stagnating, we don't have the current squad and we don't have a chairman who is willing to put enough money in to change that. Who ever has the job is on a hiding to nothing.

However expectations should be set by all. From seeing our activity it's clear to me mandaric and jones' aim this season is to stay up. That's it.

Guest londonowl1

HODDLE WEDNESDAY MANAGER!!!

would love it but no chance!

think we need to be realistic, Hoddle won't come here unless we have strong finances or we return to the prem

Guest Johnbloodaxe

I think he would be great, he's not old when it comes to management, I think he can polish turds, as proven. Maybe he just needs a start somewhere to get back into management, I don't think Premiership clubs have been clamouring to get him in at all...

I would just hope he's calmed his god stuff down a bit and looked back to football as his religion instead!!

He couldn't do any bloody worse than DJ could he?