Jones in/out vote here

Guest Sweet&TenderOwl

A overwhelming OUT, in my opinion he has to go.

All the excuses have been worn out.

He got us over the line and out of League 1, finishing Megson's job in exciting fashion.

But ever since promotion, DJ has come short in the transfer market, his tactics have got more and more baffling and negative.

And the biggest factor against DJ and the main reason why he should go is that MM has backed him and allowed him to bring

in numerous players and yet DJ hasn't built a spine to the team or strengthened our weak areas in the first team.

Nothing is ever DJ's fault, the excuses are getting on my nerves even the budget excuse is wearing thin when you consider

the amount of players he's brought in, his own signings that he's outcasted or got rid of and the fact that he re-signed the likes of Coke, Prutton and Llera, etc

when he could have maneuvered more during the summer window if he had let some of the out of contract players go at the time.

Despite promotion it is hard to defend DJ from that point on too many things have gone wrong and its hard to see us matching last season let alone pushing on under him.

In my opinion it's time for DJ to go. 

Out, but can't help but thinking something's not adding up upstairs, which has also played a big part as to where we find ourselves.

I'm not feeling easy on what's going on at Hillsborough.

jasper, on 21 Sept 2013 - 21:21, said:

ditto

Bluey9, on 21 Sept 2013 - 21:35, said:

Same here Daz

Needs sorting ASAP

Did Trev manage to P.M. you?

This, there seems to be a complete lack of focus & an apathy from MM which has carried through to DJ & the players & will soon envelop the fan base if immediate action isn't taken.

Absolutely bang on the money. The stuff coming out of S6 at the minute makes the Grassy Knoll conspiracy seem plausible. I'm no fan of Jones, but he is a patsy. There is a bigger story brewing.

richowl, on 22 Sept 2013 - 00:00, said:

Definitely.

Do some people on here need --- ALL OF THE ABOVE -- spelling out for them??

1) WHO KNOWS how much SWFC are in for after the new Hillsborough enquiry?

2) WHO will INVEST in such a situation, and buy into a club with an uncertain future?

3) HOW does MM get his money back, so WHY would he chuck MORE money at the problem?

4) .. and that means, no more sacking managers and no more investment (loans or otherwise) in higher quality (i.e. more expensive) players.

5) DJ Out?

Well, yes, if there was ANY decent investment and he behaved like this..

But NO, if he's been ordered to shut up and make do with what he's got,including one of the tightest budgets in this division.

As long as Milan is still at Hillsbrough, Dave Jones will be too. We won't see the back of him until a new owner takes over the reigns.

Oh and for the record I want him out. There's simply no way back for him now. We'll never know for sure if he's lost the dressing room, but he's definitely lost the fans

IN

MM picks the team,buys the players, offers the contracts,hence we re signed 3 players DJ assumed would be shifted on,but were on cheap wages,he also hounded out COG.

Wev gone from a boardroom full of old dears,to one controlling old dear.

He needs to sell and QUICK before he takes us back to where we were,and take PA with him,the pair of em are screwing us,we must be one of the BEST supported clubs,with one of the LOWEST player budgets.

It stinks Mandaric,your goosing us.Time to flip off

Is this fact or guess work?

Time to go unfortunately.

It's not purely down to DJ though.

Something is definitely wrong behind the scenes.

I agree but knowing Wednesday we will most likely appoint someone poo so I'm not sure if spending money getting another manager in will do us any favours. I can't remember ever being genuinely excited about a managerial appointment we've made, and since Atkinson we've only ever had partial successes (Sturrock, Megson, Jones). Changing manager before regime IMO would be pointless.

I'm not happy with Jones at the moment, and I'm absolutely disgusted at some of the players but there are far bigger problems at the club right now and Jones who is walking a tightrope knows it himself too. Our squad is weak, we've spent money on a development squad trying to run before we can walk at this level and it has been poor judgement allocating what little funds we have on this, some people want out and everyone at the club knows this and this has contributed massively towards the apathy and directionless situation we find ourselves in.

Jones is far from blameless for our current predicament but he is not the main problem. Unless something changes soon I fear the only way we are going this season is down. I'm honestly terrified at the minute because there is a bad aura at Hillsborough just now. I just hope that whoever it is has the time to sort it out and rescue the season.

I agree but knowing Wednesday we will most likely appoint someone poo so I'm not sure if spending money getting another manager in will do us any favours. I can't remember ever being genuinely excited about a managerial appointment we've made, and since Atkinson we've only ever had partial successes (Sturrock, Megson, Jones). Changing manager before regime IMO would be pointless.

I'm not happy with Jones at the moment, and I'm absolutely disgusted at some of the players but there are far bigger problems at the club right now and Jones who is walking a tightrope knows it himself too. Our squad is weak, we've spent money on a development squad trying to run before we can walk at this level and it has been poor judgement allocating what little funds we have on this, some people want out and everyone at the club knows this and this has contributed massively towards the apathy and directionless situation we find ourselves in.

Jones is far from blameless for our current predicament but he is not the main problem. Unless something changes soon I fear the only way we are going this season is down. I'm honestly terrified at the minute because there is a bad aura at Hillsborough just now. I just hope that whoever it is has the time to sort it out and rescue the season.

Good post.