announcement tomorrow ?

Wasn't even aware of that, but I guess this part is relevant...

"In reality, any settlement that results is likely to fall on the PLC’s insurers as the PLC no longer holds any assets"

I was going on this carefully worded statement...

http://www.swfc.co.uk/news/article/club-statement-363649.aspx

Since the acquisition of Sheffield Wednesday Football Club in December 2010 and the subsequent decision of the previous board to dissolve the former parent company Sheffield Wednesday PLC , chairman Milan Mandaric and the current board of directors have adopted a policy of complete compliance with the requests of the Hillsborough Independent Panel  and on behalf of the club would like to offer our sincere condolences and an apology to all the families who have suffered as a consequence of the tragic events of 15 April, 1989.

Not a regular on here,but was told 10 days ago from a very trustworthy and close source that the deal had been done and due diligence was being carried out.So an announcement soon would fit with this.

However,I was told that it was the Chinese and sure enough I saw a couple of Chinese in the directors box on Saturday,but sat right next to MM was a party of 2 Arabian looking gentlemen and a female.

So I think it is clear things are progressing,but not sure whether its the Chinese or Arabs as others are now suggesting it might be.

Mrs DBOwl.

DB obviously stands for Dubai, it all makes sense now.

Emir to help.

Edited by theowlsman

Guest TonyOwl88

Its easy for people to make guesses at this stuff. We know MM is in talks, or he'd be more concerned about the prospect of League One. A Millan planning to stick about would have made a decision by now.... new players or new manager. 

Nice to see you back Mrs DBOwl.

Presumably, what's on offer is a more attractive package now there's only 1 seller involved ;0)

Ps - Are you still as beautiful as ever? Look out for Steelowl btw, he is a predator, plus he is not as sexy as me.

lol

Arsenal lady out : Dubai lady in?

Similar to the United deal, if our money is from the kind of countries mentioned, I've no idea how they get the funds across to the UK. The money laundering rules here, coupled with the lack of appetite for anything remotely risk related within UK banking at the minute, means that anyone with an account with any links to China/Russia/Middle East/Far East etc, that merely farts, gets their account closed down.

The cross border transfer of funds, on a large scale, is nigh on impossible, without some clear evidence of source of wealth etc.

Nice to see you back Mrs DBOwl.

Presumably, what's on offer is a more attractive package now there's only 1 seller involved ;0)

Ps - Are you still as beautiful as ever? Look out for Steelowl btw, he is a predator, plus he is not as sexy as me.

lol

So how long do you think it'll be before we expect an official announcement?

I really hope that something is around the corner in regards to a takeover but we've been here before so many times and always end up getting let down (except for Mandaric's takeover in 2010). We've seen this happen with Gregg, Sheard and Club 9 Sports?!