Sign in to follow this  
RobbieOwler

does anyone know any ex-Wednesday fans?

Wondering if anybody here knows anyone who stopped supporting us for another team? I know it ain't footballing kosher but it must happen regarding how awful we're at the moment.

Are there still members of the band watching scummy leeds?

I know a few people who started supporting the pigs when they had their one season of glory, ( lol ) and amazingly enough still claim to be fans but never go anymore. How anyone can go from supporting us to them is a mystery

tbh if there was such a thing as a genuine supporter who changed club because we were sh*t we would have 2 men and a dog watching by now

Same, i know a few that used to go every week (Home and Away) but just don't bother anymore and just don't pay too much attention.

They will look for results but apart from that nothing.

I know 2 ex blunts who are both now Wednesday fans for different reasons, been to match's with both of them and one goes every week

Yeah, I play football with a proper weather vane of a man. Supported us in the 90s, then pigs in the 00s onwards. He is not originally from Sheffield though if that is any kind of excuse?

I do know loads who used to go frequently but now rarely bother apart from 'big' games.

Loads of my dad's mates don't bother any more.

When they were younger they could follow Wednesday around the country.

Now it's £26 to sit on the Kop. For one game.

• Agree 2

Yeah, my dad's like this now - he'll follow the result, but doesn't go to games anymore. 

My step dad was mad Wednesday and used to go home and away

He hasn't been since mid way through Pleat's reign

During the promotion season of 1979, he took me to every away game bar Exeter

He was a pain to go to games with though, because he did nothing but moan.

I stopped going with him after the Wembley Derby when we should have beat the blunts 10-1

All he did throughout that game was moan

Edited by HOOTIE AND THE SHIT TU

Plenty of lads who went to my school stopped supporting Rotherham and started being blunts when they got to prem.

“Support" both now.

My old neighbour got sack from hillsborough after leaving a load of dosh in the turnstile, so he started supporting blunts instead and so did his son.

Also, someone i went to school with is always commenting on Arsenal on facebook and adding their song lyrics when they play (on TV only of course). I once questioned his football loyalties but received no reply.

Loads of my dad's mates don't bother any more.

When they were younger they could follow Wednesday around the country.

Now it's £26 to sit on the Kop. For one game.

There's somebody in Kiveton (lives on that estate near the doctor's) who I bet you know Kivo. His name may be Paul, and he was introduced to me and my Rotherham supporting mate, in the Conyers, as  Rotherham fan, twelve or thirteen years ago. He then proceeded to tell us that he'd had a Wednesday season ticket for a few years, but we got relegated and Rotherham got promoted the same season so he got a season ticket at Millmoor. I just told him I couldn't talk to him about football, so walked off and left them to it.

In 2005, at Brentford for the play off semi, guess who was stood in front of me in the away end, our Wednesday/Rotherham/Wednesday supporting friend.

• Agree 1

why wont he admit hes a wednesday fan and wall porker shud admit hes a gruntbag its pathetic the way they hide it

Watchamercallit would have a nervous breakdown if that happened.

Where I work we hire a lot of agency lads labourers n that, the amount of lads that come in and answer the question 'Wednesday or united?' with 'well I used to have a season ticket for Wednesday but can't be arsed anymore' is astonishing

If the scouser and the serb are still here when were in league one next season then il be an ex Wednesday fan

Edited by tha_knows