are we just used to disappointment?

each year that we have ended the season with a little bit of hope, we started the next season really believing that the corner is turning only to be let down which usually ends up in a relegation battle.

1992/93 and 1993/94 seasons were the last 2 consecutive seasons where we have finished in the top half of the table, 20 bloody years ago. since leaving the premiership the highest we have finished is 9th in the championship and we have not even looked like getting involved in the championship playoffs.

It amazes me that the fans keep turning up in their droves week in week out despite all of this crap we keep getting served up but at what point are people just going to think, that's it, i have had enough?

Guest Sweet&TenderOwl

After promotion in 2012 even I allowed myself to be cautiously optimistic about building to an eventual promotion push after steady improvement. Whereas in 2005 i think we all knew that it would be an achievement to even stay up the following seasons. It is the false dawn that is leaving us so disappointed.

Combination I would imagine of yet another false dawn, financial reality and DJ wasting MM's budget on 30 or more players with just a handful being any good.

Most of us have seen it all before. Hopefully we'll somehow turn around our fortunes, get taken over or bring in someone who can lift the current squad and our fanbase. 

Sheffield has 540,000 citizens.   Englands 4th city.

The clubs will always get good support. Even the other lot get good turnouts.

That's not a surprise.  What amazes me is how bad we are.  No sign of turning a corner.

First team is crap. We can't afford a reserve side.  Development squad gets turned over every game.

What can we do?  Not interested in Manchester or Leeds or other clubs. It's either Wednesday or stop at home for me. Saturday I did stop at home- lucky escape.   Won't stop me going to Donny game though with 25,000 others.

Just wished we'd got Mick McCarthy when we had the chance.

It's got to the stage that for the Barnsley game, I was going to suggest to my mates that we should just meet in the soon to be opened Wetherspoons in Chap.

A few beers there, then catch the train to Dingleland a few more beers, then watch the game in a pub on sky.

That way you get the enjoyment of the day away, but don't have to pay to watch the cr@p dished up.

We can't afford a reserve side.  Development squad gets turned over every game.

dev squad is the reserve team. it was part of a whole rebranding of the reserve league structures to force teams to concentrate on developing youth players who will play alongside a few fringe first teamers.

It's got to the stage that for the Barnsley game, I was going to suggest to my mates that we should just meet in the soon to be opened Wetherspoons in Chap.

A few beers there, then catch the train to Dingleland a few more beers, then watch the game in a pub on sky.

That way you get the enjoyment of the day away, but don't have to pay to watch the cr@p dished up.

once people get out of the routine of going, it's hard to get them back. at the moment there is nothing to tempt people to start going back to hillsborough.