Reda's comments

Good on Reda for saying it, was refreshing not to listen to another vapid pro footballer interview.

There are clearly players that care, but an awful lot of players wilted today - Coke should have ran that midfield and demanded the ball, even fetched it if need be.  Instead he disappeared.  Antonio and Helan were as bad we we've seen, no composure or desire again to get on the ball and get at people.  Llera didn't seem to play with his usual 'zest', which was odd, perhaps rustiness.  

I'm not sure it's players not trying purposefully, but its players hiding and not applying themselves as best as they can that is the problem.  And I think that is what Reda was getting at.  And good on him for confirming our suspicions.  

Guest totemowl

Good on Reda for saying it, was refreshing not to listen to another vapid pro footballer interview.

There are clearly players that care, but an awful lot of players wilted today - Coke should have ran that midfield and demanded the ball, even fetched it if need be. Instead he disappeared. Antonio and Helan were as bad we we've seen, no composure or desire again to get on the ball and get at people. Llera didn't seem to play with his usual 'zest', which was odd, perhaps rustiness.

I'm not sure it's players not trying purposefully, but its players hiding and not applying themselves as best as they can that is the problem. And I think that is what Reda was getting at. And good on him for confirming our suspicions.

Exactly this.

It was obvious to everyone watching that we had a number of players, at times, who were not showing themselves. Good to know that the players know it and they have some honesty about it.

We need players that have the desire and passion to succeed for not just themselves and the club, but for the fans. 

JJ and Reda bleed blue and white and for me would be the first two on the teamsheet every day of the week. 

Edited by owls66

Anyone else see Llera having to take on their whole team when they were surrounding the ref for our goal.

Where were the rest of the team backing him up? could you see Man Ure etc leaving a team mate hanging?

Big Reda eventually came to back him up, the rest didn't seem bothered

should be one of the first things they learn as professionals...

how to play a ref, instead how many shitholes have you see do it to us over the years...

Anyone else see Llera having to take on their whole team when they were surrounding the ref for our goal.

Where were the rest of the team backing him up? could you see Man Ure etc leaving a team mate hanging?

Big Reda eventually came to back him up, the rest didn't seem bothered

:madine:  would have been handy in this situation  ;-)

It was on Radio Sheffield, Praise and Grumble tonight. It should be available on listen again now.

Thank you, just radio signal in car is awful so couldn't listen to it on the way back

It seems all rather worrying.

I dread to think what's going on behind close doors.

My guess will be a group exists of people that can't seem to get a look in for whatever reason.  Then there seems to be a creeping list of untouchables who seem to be in comfort zones and/or not applying themselves 100% - Antonio, Helan, Coke, Prutton (aside from the genuine untouchables in Kirkland, Reda, Buxton). 

I'm sure there is nothing serious going on, I just think light disgruntlement.  But Jones needs to work out how to handle this.  McCabe and Corry, if they are performing in training, must wonder what they need to do to get a chance, because this centre midfield is woeful at present. A few good results and things will quieten down.  But if we are performing badly, not getting results, and others don't think they are getting a fair look in, then it is only natural this could cause a stir.  Manager's favourites, who aren't performing but still getting picked - it's an age-old problem.

Guest Sheff Owl

Reda and JJ are full of passion for this football club + you could add Semedo to that list.

Not forgetting special mentions for Kirkland and Buxton.

I heard the inteview and the comment about players not giving 100% and I genuinely thought he didn't really mean that - his English is not perfect.  I think he was just acknowledging that a number of colleagues fell well short today.

But his comment about the Gardner injury was clear - Gardner felt something in his achilles before the match.