Maghoma

Other than the cameo at QPR he's looked quite a bit out of his depth. I think missing pre season won't have helped him.

I expected a really good performance from him when saw him starting at Rotherham but he was anonymous.

Same here though - hope he's not another that disappears.

I'm not sure where he fits into to our side, to be honest. Having Helan on the left wing gives us a slightly more defensive minded outlook (given that he was originally a LB), and I don't think he can reasonably be though of as a central midfielder. So that leaves the "second forward" position that JJ is ideally suited for and Antonio has been playing.

Not that I don't think he is/will become a good player, but given our budget limitations we should really consider how players will fit into the team before signing them.

Needs to get up to speed with the championship, but he has something. He seems to be willing to have a pop though and is actually unlucky not to have scored already. With the right palyers around him I feel he could bag a few....that's the crunch though, as we've all been saying for ages now, a quality midfield general is sadly lacking, it's glaringly obvious. Where does he fit in? Maybe a long term replacement for JJ perhaps.

Well that bit of trickery thst fooled Joey Barton into fouling him, but also fooled the hapless referee made me feel quite positive about our chances this season.

I thought he was excellent in that game.

Now he has faded out of the picture. Frustrating that we are only playing players who are either runners or tacklers. Getting so one dimensional.

Has Milan sectretly brought Megson back in to pichk the team i wonder?

Edited by Beholder

Well that bit of trickery thst fooled Joey Barton into fouling him, but also fooled the hapless referee made me feel quite positive about our chances this season.

I thought he was excellent in that game.

Now he has faded out of the picture. Frustrating that we are only playing players who are either runners or tacklers. Getting so one dimensional.

Has Milan sectretly brought Megson back in to pichk the team i wonder?

Your thread opener states that you hope another JONES signing doesn't turn out to be a huge failure like a previous JONES signing.

Yet you still try to blame this on Megson.

Weird. But at least it shows your DJ tinted glasses are starting to come off, despite the sting in the tail.

Your thread opener states that you hope another JONES signing doesn't turn out to be a huge failure like a previous JONES signing.

Yet you still try to blame this on Megson.

Weird. But at least it shows your DJ tinted glasses are starting to come off, despite the sting in the tail.

I am just a bit miffed as to why is isn't getting picked.

And I wasn't actually blaming megson unless you were being deliberately thick.

I was merely comparing our style to that of megson and finding it disturbingly similar.

I was merely comparing our style to that of megson and finding it disturbingly similar.

Cant be, we used to win when Megson played the direct game, scoring goals from dead ball situations and going to the last minute.

I think you're being deliberately thick or just thick.

You're thread (justifiably) is questioning Jones signing and his team selection.

But you've been so manically Pro-Jones, you could stop yourself adding in a dig at Megson to make your critisim of Jones easier to swallow.

Guest Big Guns

I dare say I'd try him int middle of park alongside Coke. Fitness permitting of course.

His long shots has always been 19 on previous Football Managers :ph34r:

so would i pruttons a waste of time

I think you're being deliberately thick or just thick.

You're thread (justifiably) is questioning Jones signing and his team selection.

But you've been so manically Pro-Jones, you could stop yourself adding in a dig at Megson to make your critisim of Jones easier to swallow.

I look at it from another angle.

This board, on the whole, has appeared to be manically against jones more or less for a year.

I have been offering an alternative view. That does not mean i am a dogmatist. I reserve my right to criticise him myself, although my appetite to ctiticise him isn't fuelled by an agenda.