Serve himself right

Although a born cynic - I put nothing of weight by today's lack of transfer activity.

We were never going to spend money - it was always going to be loans.

And, in a way - it might be for the best.

We already have enough rubbish contracted to the Club. We've wasted loads of opportunity - so, I don't really blame the Chairman. Why pour more good money after bad?

People on this forum need to stop getting wound up over 'joke' threads about signing Billy Sharp etc. That's why people are disappointed.

Some posters should know better.

Ooooo the packs gunna be out for you mate for telling the truth

it would though, fans won't fall for his shitt again, mind you, only the fookers who've nowt else to do Saturdays will.

I don't see why people would have issues with loan signings?

seriously if we're looking to progress then why would we weigh ourselves down with 3 year contracts for players only good enough for the position we're in (or slightly better)?

Loans will allow us to bring in players to cover our short term issues whilst we fund the signings of younger potential talent on longer term contracts (antonio, helan, mccabe etc).

Financially this makes sense for us... what doesn't make sense was signings giles coke on a 2 year deal and prutton on 1 when we needed something different in that area.

Guest Big Guns

I've actually said a few times in the last few weeks I hope we don't sign any one in permanent deals while dave jones is manager

At least with the loans if there crap we can get rid when it runs out

I don't see why people would have issues with loan signings?

seriously if we're looking to progress then why would we weigh ourselves down with 3 year contracts for players only good enough for the position we're in (or slightly better)?

Loans will allow us to bring in players to cover our short term issues whilst we fund the signings of younger potential talent on longer term contracts (antonio, helan, mccabe etc).

Financially this makes sense for us... what doesn't make sense was signings giles coke on a 2 year deal and prutton on 1 when we needed something different in that area.

I agree, and also what Reading owl said (although he's a cynical biatch) the loan window reopens next week and it's obvious we're not going to be splashing the cash as been stated so it's back to loans and they served us well last season.

It is clear that Milan is looking for a quick sale of the club and isn't willing to pay out any more in transfer fees. This unfortunately will affect us massively on the pitch until a takeover is complete. I wish Milan would be truthful about it though instead of this FFP talk, because it certainly doesn't add up that smaller clubs with low attendances are bringing players in whereas we have apparently got our hands tied.

I'm so frustrated right now.