Would you....

Guest wilyfox

no. I'd love Marshall to return, but not at the expense of Michail. He loves being here, and gives his all every game. He and Reda are our most influential players. I wouldn't want either of them to leave under any circumstances.

No. Even though I'd really love Marshall back.

But Antonio is suffering under DJ's tactics this season...he's expecting TOO much of Antonio, which in turn is making the fans expect too much of him.

DJ's expecting Antonio to be a front man, a winger & our creative force all at the same time, so when he's drifting in and out of games fans start to slate him. Poor lad is getting lost in games because his role is just...baffling. 

Take Saturday for example. In the first half Antonio played in behind Nuhiu, and was being marked by Danny Shittu who is a very experienced defender, not to mention built like a tank. So what is DJ's tactics? Play the ball at Antonio's chest/head height! Unless those weren't the tactics and the rest of the team ignored that. Antonio is NEVER going to be a forward because it's rare that he's going to be able to out-muscle/jump anyone who marks him. Nor does he posses consistent composure in front of goal. On a couple of occasions the ball was played over Shittu's head and Antonio is always gonna beat the man for pace. But then Antonio finds himself on the wing and there's only Nuhiu in the box. Like I said, he can't be a striker and a winger and score 20+ this season and set everyone up. It's just not going to work! It took the absolute mick on Saturday bringing Maguire on for Nuhiu and then putting Antonio up front as the lone striker and shoving Maguire on the wing!!

Put Antonio back on the wing permanently and we'll see the Antonio we had at the start of last season, I can promise you that

Edited by FlyingOwl

We have JJ and Helan who are similar to Antonio, JJ is better at the one man show and Helan does a better job defensively. We need something different and Marshsll would offer us that. A much calmer presence on the ball and better delivery.

We as a fan base seem to obsess with past loan players and the possibility of them resigning - I'm sure I saw a suggestion of Songo'o a couple of weeks ago.

The likelihood of Marshall signing is restricted as:

1) We can't afford him

2) We actually have enough wingers for once

3) Jones wasn't manager so has no particular interest in him

No. Even though I'd really love Marshall back.

But Antonio is suffering under DJ's tactics this season...he's expecting TOO much of Antonio, which in turn is making the fans expect too much of him.

DJ's expecting Antonio to be a front man, a winger & our creative force all at the same time, so when he's drifting in and out of games fans start to slate him. Poor lad is getting lost in games because his role is just...baffling.

Take Saturday for example. In the first half Antonio played in behind Nuhiu, and was being marked by Danny Shittu who is a very experienced defender, not to mention built like a tank. So what is DJ's tactics? Play the ball at Antonio's chest/head height! Unless those weren't the tactics and the rest of the team ignored that. Antonio is NEVER going to be a forward because it's rare that he's going to be able to out-muscle/jump anyone who marks him. Nor does he posses consistent composure in front of goal. On a couple of occasions the ball was played over Shittu's head and Antonio is always gonna beat the man for pace. But then Antonio finds himself on the wing and there's only Nuhiu in the box. Like I said, he can't be a striker and a winger and score 20+ this season and set everyone up. It's just not going to work! It took the absolute mick on Saturday bringing Maguire on for Nuhiu and then putting Antonio up front as the lone striker and shoving Maguire on the wing!!

Put Antonio back on the wing permanently and we'll see the Antonio we had at the start of last season, I can promise you that

This, if DJ wants to go with brute pace up top then use JJ in that position. I know it's hard to believe but I reckon JJ is a better finisher than Antonio too.