how long have people been supporting wednesday ?

Guest cypress hill

47 years , seen some very good times, seen some dire performances , where are we now,,, , much nearer the latter I suspect. These days it looks all about how much money is poured into the team. With Milan thats not going to happen. A businessman knows when to speculate , to accumulate. Me thinks MM is an asset stripper.

after 55yrs I know virtually anything that can happen will happen and that whilst a few seconds are left to play we could still concede.  I never feel we are safe a 2-0  and our star striker will be injury prone and the ambition of the board/owner will never match the passion off the pitch

Guest Wirrowl

I started under Big Jack. I remember Sterland being a 17yo central midfielder. Still got scrapbooks from the Star and Green Un from that era. There's a great article about Jack trying to fatten up John Pearson on steaks and guiness. 79was when I first went. I was at tge BDM and the return at the stain when Curran got that wonderful goal. Still love Curran.

We played Rotherham away in division 3 at Easter in either 1977 or it could have been 76. I've always meant to look it up. I know we lost 1-0. My grandad took me for my birthday treat. ( I've still got the blue and white rosette I wore for the match in an old box of program's I keep )

Guest cypress hill

there's not many young uns posted on here yet

don't be ashamed of being young, living at home £20 a week board. all you'v got to spend your money on is wednesday & them birds you pull on facebook ( too easy for em these days )

ya jammy little b@stards

We played Rotherham away in division 3 at Easter in either 1977 or it could have been 76. I've always meant to look it up. I know we lost 1-0. My grandad took me for my birthday treat. ( I've still got the blue and white rosette I wore for the match in an old box of program's I keep )

We lost 1-0 in 76, we won 1-0 in 77 and I'm sure that was Easter.

I was born outside Sheffield into a family of Owls so I am a bit harder to define than most.

My Grandpa bought me the scratchy Bukta kit when I was two in 1983. My Mum and Dad wouldn't take me in the 80's because they were worried about the hooliganism associated with the game at the time.

I started becoming aware of results when I was about 4. My mum would have me sat in front of the vidi-printer on Grandstand while she was cooking Saturday tea, to run in and tell her the score in our game.

I finally got to go in 1990. It was a 3-0 home victory against Plymouth Argyle.

So it depends how you define it really. Put it this way though I have done my time for the success I saw during the early 90's.