Time for the sack?

These draws are killing us but all the previous managers we had sacked had clearly lost the plot and the dressing room.

With Jones I don't see that. I see a team that is very close to wins. We should have had our first win last week without a doubt. Another clear pen (and red card to the perpetrator) missed yesterday.

The margins are so fine, we seem to be on the brink of a run of form.

The way we are playing I don't see a case for another bloke coming in and releasing the shackles. I think that will happen anyway when we get that win under our belts.

Guest Lawrie Maddens Hump

In.

People need to take the blinkers off & look at the bigger picture.

No real financial support because we have a chairman who is selling not buying. Due to this jones did not get an established forward til Sept (despite scoring and not defending being our problem for the last 2 seasons).

Also do not underestimate the value of the work that's going on behind the scenes. The culture and infrastructure of our club is so much healthier than yesteryear. Be sure, that unless someone comes in and bankrolls any club, that selling players to generate further income will be the future for successful clubs, especially when considering the FFP system. As a club we have recognised this and we will certainly benefit in years to come from the investment that's being put into our development squad and youth systems.

In the short term, it's not all about first team investment and success. Consolidation and building for the future is by far the better option, especially considering where the 'get rich quick' policy took us before.

Edited by Lawrie Maddens Hump

In.

People need to take the blinkers off & look at the bigger picture.

No real financial support because we have a chairman who is selling not buying. Due to this jones did not get an established forward til Sept (despite scoring and not defending being our problem for the last 2 seasons).

Also do not underestimate the value of the work that's going on behind the scenes. The culture and infrastructure of our club is so much healthier than yesteryear. Be sure, that unless someone comes in and bankrolls any club, that selling players to generate further income will be the future for successful clubs, especially when considering the FFP system. As a club we have recognised this and we will certainly benefit in years to come from the investment that's being put into our development squad and youth systems.

In the short term, it's not all about first team investment and success. Consolidation and building for the future is by far the better option, especially considering where the 'get rich quick' policy took us before.

Didn't he sell a forward in the summer who he refused to play who has scored 13 goals this calendar year?!

He then chose to spend the money on Helan.

Thus your argument loses a bit of credibility for me.

I'll agree that he hasn't been backed with a war chest of funds (much like numerous other teams in the lower half of the division haven't), but when he has been given money - Helan, Taylor, Maguire, etc, he's wasted it.

On your other point (FFP), I wouldn't worry about that as where Jones is taking us it isn't in force... It's called Salary Cost Management Protocol in League One.

Edited by hallam_stallion

Guest Lawrie Maddens Hump

Didn't he sell a forward in the summer who he refused to play who has scored 13 goals this calendar year?!

I'll agree that he hasn't been backed with a war chest of funds (much like numerous other teams in the lower half of the division haven't), but when he has been given money - Helan, Taylor, Maguire, etc, he's wasted it.

On your other point (FFP), I wouldn't worry about that as where Jones is taking us it isn't in force... It's called Salary Cost Management Protocol in League One.

COG wasn't in his plans & TBF he's gone on to good things at Barnsley. It would seem that the money was reinvested into the Helan deal, which on reflection as you say could have been reinvested more importantly into buying a striker. However, we are not privy to what was promised to DJ's at this time, or even now. So, our opinions are just at best speculative.

As said in previous post, DJ has had to gamble on players because he's unable with our budget to get in a recognised striker. Sometimes when you are shopping for bargains you don't always get what you want. Yes, DJ has signed players that haven't worked out- but this is common in football.

As for the League 1 point, it's not looking too clever at minute, but your opinion is again short sighted and based on the situation now-without any consideration of an alternative. The very point of my initial post.

So Helan is a waste of money now? Fans were loving when he was signed in the summer. 

I say in. 

We have been really unlucky with decisions and that is all that has stopped us having a handful of more points. 

People are talking like we are losing 3-0 and 4-0 in games but we aren't. We are proving difficult to beat - even if we are probably people's first choice for a draw in six-fold bet - but we are, as a whole, pretty solid. 

Birmingham wasn't acceptable and if results had all been like that I'd say it is time to offload Jones but the win is coming. Handballs, missed penalties and false offsides are just stumbling blocks. 

We might be bottom of the table but we don't have a record, statistically, of a team that is in turmoil and I don't see why there is all the panic.