Time for the sack?

I'm a season ticket holder currently on holiday in Majorca and watched the results coming in at a bar, when Yeovil scored there wa a snigger and sarcastic comments that echoed round the neutral supports also sat watching, we are a laughing stock throughout the league and country it's time for Jones to flip reyt off, 1-1 at home against 10 men Yeovil is an absolute shambles of a result, other teams in league will now be looking at us as easy opposition, Jones out!!

The simple fact is is that we have been in winning positions with the team we have and thrown it all away too many times already this season.

The team clearly have the ability to win games, score goals and generate points.

It's the manager is to blame here.

I think Jones has taken us as far as he can, and should go.

He doesn't excel with budget-constrained teams like us. We need somebody to come in and motivate the players now, not the dour drab Scouser that is Jones. 

I haven't been to a game this season, and probably won't go to one all season. All for one reason - the football is crap.

Jones out.

Same here. I have invested so much time, energy and money supporting them over the years.

I think last season finished me off and, coupled with the poor showing over the summer and appalling start to the current campaign, means I can't see myself entering that stadium for a long time.

i'm 61 this next week and today turned out for owlstalk ,ok I was crap but the one thing I did is put 100% into it , now tell me why these primadonas think that going through the motions is going to win games ,to my mind the bloomin lot except the ones with passion such as Reda and big mig a, jj,kirkland ought to wake up and smell the coffee ,

not counting Gardner as he is injured

Guest Sheff Owl

How much longer can this go on...

Dave Jones IMO is losing the plot, i'm not sure if he knows exactly what he's doing.

He won't take responsibility for anything, he's going down the same path as Alan Irvine.

I'm trying to make a case for him in my own mind as it's never nice to sack a manager - so it plays on your mind in terms of all the positives and negatives.

The sad fact is that I've lost faith in him because I just cannot see exactly what he is building. We're worse than we were the latter part of last season so how that is positive work in progress I cannot see for the life of me.

And yes, being outplayed at home by both Millwall and 10 man Yeovil, despite taking leads into the half time break really grates on me. Not only are we not winning these games from winning positions, we are getting outplayed which sets the biggest alarm bell possible ringing in my head.

I don't want this season to be one of the ambition that there might be 3 worse teams. Well, 2 of the candidates have already been to our place and taken home some points - and in each case, we offered no resistance,

Time to go.

How can a manager lead a team to promotion and motivate a team and yet serve up so many lacklustre displays as in the past month?

How can a manager bring in so many players that simply do not want to perform for him?

How on earth can we draw or lose from so many point winning positions?

Sadley I think you are right Daz mate sometimes the inevitable has to happen ,we are no further forward than we were at promotion in fact I daresay we are worse ,I am at a stage now where I don't even think we can win anymore and that's as bad as it gets for any fan , I want us to do well but how can we playing like we are ,I believed rather naively that we had a chance every game when we were promoted as i'm sure many others did , but now it's a case of cross my fingers and hope ,and I don't like that scenario mate one iota ,I just don't get the "we can win this " buzz anymore , we are making such a poor fist of it Daz that it's going to take a miracle to keep us up if things don't change for the better sooner rather than later mate ,

There are so many questions about what is going on. But the one thing there is no question about is how poor we are right now and how our obvious weaknesses have failed to be addressed.

The games keep getting ticked off, it's not too many more matches before a quarter of the season has gone. Like you, I can't see where the spark is supposed to come from.

I didn't go yesterday so I can't really comment but 1-0 up against 10 men with more than half of the game still to go and finishing up with just a point says it all to be fair.

I can see the argument that suggests DJ has been backed with the amount of players he's signed in the last 18 months or so but I don't believe he's been backed sufficiently to bring in the quality that could really push us on?

At Wolves he was allowed to bring in Ince and Irwin amongst others, at Cardiff he was allowed to sign Bellamy, Fowler and Hasselbaink. These are players that know the game inside out and the type of players that more often than not have you challenging at the right end of the table.

Has DJ had the finance to do this type of deal here? He has shown in the past he can attract this type of player. This type of player either doesn't want to come to Sheffield Wednesday or IMO we don't have the funds?

And that's what we come to and always will in truth, the budget. Every season we have been in the Championship since 2000 and the struggles we have seen invariably come down to the budget. A plethora have managers have struggled with it. It invariably means we are treading water in the area of the table where we currently are and as we have seen unless sufficient money is spent to helping us to swim more purposely upstream we end up drowning in the League 1 pool. It's happened twice before and it may well happen again if for whatever reason we continue to seemingly fail to learn from our past experiences?

I don't believe sacking yet another manager is the way forward. We've seen time and again the new manager will come in probably win 2 or 3 matches straight away then eventually start to find themselves beginning to get suffocated by the restricted budget then we find ourselves where we are yet again now. We have arguably the most proven manager since we've been at this level since 2000 let's try to do something original for a change and release the shackles that are currently strangling him and finally give him the tools to do the job that's required else I'll be typing this again in another 2 years and no-one deserves to be reading this long winded boring sh!te now nether mind again.

I'm trying to make a case for him in my own mind as it's never nice to sack a manager - so it plays on your mind in terms of all the positives and negatives.

The sad fact is that I've lost faith in him because I just cannot see exactly what he is building. We're worse than we were the latter part of last season so how that is positive work in progress I cannot see for the life of me.

And yes, being outplayed at home by both Millwall and 10 man Yeovil, despite taking leads into the half time break really grates on me. Not only are we not winning these games from winning positions, we are getting outplayed which sets the biggest alarm bell possible ringing in my head.

I don't want this season to be one of the ambition that there might be 3 worse teams. Well, 2 of the candidates have already been to our place and taken home some points - and in each case, we offered no resistance,

Time to go.

Just about sums my thoughts ,I don't like sacking managers and would love to see some continuity but the last 2 home matches have tipped me over the edge.It's not the results alone It's the total lack of cohesion,passionand any kind of recognizable pattern or style of play.

Clueless is the word that comes to mind.

Guest wadsleyjackowl

If we do get rid I'd like to see a training ground manager but not a coach who thinks he's a manager ala Irvine!

Jones looks like he's had a hard playing career either his ankles or knees look shot...he struggles to walk out if the tunnel by the looks of it. Makes me wonder what his input is on the training sessions? I might be totally wrong I'm looking from the outside in.

Anyway....I'd stick my neck out & ask Terry Burton if he wanted the job seriously. At minute he's coaching yes but has managed before as well. I think he's just what we need a training ground manager.

Its not just DJ if you look at our bench we could make another side up of trainers and coaches. I think in the main these are DJ appointments but what the hell are we doing in training? The tactics are defensive and are one dimensional hoof it up front and rely on pace. Yesterday we had 3 coaches shouting instructions from the touchline at the same time are they all singing from the same hymn sheet?  Somebody needs to grab hold of these players and start with the basics, pass and move, run into space, anticipate, close down, mark up when the opposition has the ball. Attack as a unit, defend as a unit. This is stuff you tell kids to do that we we expect as 2nd natutre from professional footballers yet we are the only team I have seen this season that are incompetent at it. Beggars belief I think you know my answer to the OP question but it wouldn't just be him.