Time for the sack?

MM won't have the balls to sack him, with the Madine thing going on, there's a shitstorm at his door and I expect him to play defensive rather than make a rash decision.  Having said that, if it was me and I know its not, both DJ and GM (subject to sentence) would be out the door.

Dave Jones had a terrific 1/3 season when he got us promoted but I think it is now clear that the credit must go to Terry Burton.

Last season was extremely poor. Now, in his interviews, his weird decisions on team selection and substitutes and the rather obvious lack of motivation, something is now very seriously wrong. Although Mr Mandaric must accept some of the responsibility, lack of money is not an acceptable excuse. We are paying mediocre players a lot of money.

To-day was an absolute shambles, it wasn't a team but a random selection of players who didn't look as though it mattered enough and who were making a succession of schoolboy football errors.

I am not in favour of sacking managers without giving them a reasonable amount of time. Dave Jones has now had part of one season, a full season and a shocking start to a new season. Sadly, it is getting worse rather than improving and it seems that we are not going to have a season any better than the last, if as good as that.

The problem with saying that Jones should go is the answer to the next question:- who should replace him? Not easy to answer but it may be worth enquiring after Terry Burton.

He has to go, we are going backwards.

Players scared of playing at Hillsborough or don't want to play for him.

His signings have been very poor in the main.

Do we have a plan or style of play?

if he's not being backed now and it wouldnt be a suprise.then just come out dj and resign its no use to the club or us fans by u sitting there towing the party line.35 players to bring in aswell in the amount of time u have been here is a lot and now u want some of them out.if they wasnt good enough why get them in the 1st place this 1 does lay at your door.

You been on the shandies? Usually simple to read your posts.

Guest Old Salt

Out, out, out!!!!!

Even if we don't replace him at all. Did anyone catch his interview on radio sheffield? I imagine his half time team talks de motivating the players. Again he mentioned hillsborough scaring the players (maybe he's putting that in their minds).

Even the most hardened, entrenched DJ supporters must be having their doubts now.

Ps. COG scored again. Their manager has backed him to become a £3m sticker by January. Has DJ ever gave that kind of support to one of our player? I can't remember if he has.

*stricker

I think DJ and MM are intrinsically linked and must share, if not joint responsibility, than a share of the responsibility.

MM 'saved' us as we are constantly reminded if his name is ever discussed or debated, but that is now history and this is the present. This current phase since MM took over looks like it has run its course and is drifting to its inevitable conclusion.

All the euphoria and elation and the subsequent momentum following promotion has been criminally wasted. What we see now is a pale imitation of how things were, following for instance the Carlisle game. 

The limited funds that were made available, were spread way too thinly, on many poor quality players instead of  a couple of 'key' signings that could have made a difference. Players that had ceased to play a part because they were deemed not good enough are now regulars, and players that good money was thrown at are never seen.

This season is basically over bar the shouting as far as we are concerned, notwithstanding a relegation struggle.

Under normal circumstances Jones would be a gonner. His record apart from the promotion is nothing short of dire. These are not normal circumstances though and i can't see anything happening till MM passes the baton to another owner. 

For me, Jones deserves to go, but i believe they will walk out of the door together and not before.

I think DJ and MM are intrinsically linked and must share, if not joint responsibility, than a share of the responsibility.

MM 'saved' us as we are constantly reminded if his name is ever discussed or debated, but that is now history and this is the present. This current phase since MM took over looks like it has run its course and is drifting to its inevitable conclusion.

All the euphoria and elation and the subsequent momentum following promotion has been criminally wasted. What we see now is a pale imitation of how things were, following for instance the Carlisle game. 

The limited funds that were made available, were spread way too thinly, on many poor quality players instead of  a couple of 'key' signings that could have made a difference. Players that had ceased to play a part because they were deemed not good enough are now regulars, and players that good money was thrown at are never seen.

This season is basically over bar the shouting as far as we are concerned, notwithstanding a relegation struggle.

Under normal circumstances Jones would be a gonner. His record apart from the promotion is nothing short of dire. These are not normal circumstances though and i can't see anything happening till MM passes the baton to another owner. 

For me, Jones deserves to go, but i believe they will walk out of the door together and not before.

Excellent post.

Needed repeating.

Nail on head - 100%

Guest Old Salt

I spoke to DJ this evening he said. Bla, bla, bla. More grey notice from the grey man himself.

*noise - cheese and rice. Is one of the mods changing my posts?

Definately time to go! He has made far too many mistakes since he took control!

Learning curve? He does not seem to be learning anything but then he doesn't think he needs to its everyone else.

So many bad decisions but the re-signing of Coke and Prutton was bizarre to say the least, he must have known how tight the budget was and the desoerate need for someone new in midfield! 

Then there is the re-signing Llera and then trying to loan him out?? Madness!

Then there is the O'Grady situation, not to mention the numerous dreadful siginings last summer and in January.

And that is all without mentioning his negative tactics!

Yes Milan has not given him much to spend, but today proved that what he has been given he has wasted. Yoevil's budget will be no where near ours yet they actually look like a team. The buck stops with one person for that!

It is time for Milan to go to, but I am still not against him, I hate to think of the money he has wasted letting Irvine and Jones make a large number of signings!

Guest JonTheOwl66

I think Jones has taken us as far as he can, and should go.

He doesn't excel with budget-constrained teams like us. We need somebody to come in and motivate the players now, not the dour drab Scouser that is Jones. 

I haven't been to a game this season, and probably won't go to one all season. All for one reason - the football is crap.

Jones out.

You can make all the excuses about not being able to sign players and budget, but we should be better than Yeovil and particularly playing them at home against 10 men and a goal lead.

And even more particularly when you consider we have one of the most experienced managers in the league.

What happens in that dressing room at half time? We come out and are an absolute shambles and the buck and accountability stops with the manager - you can't use the excuse about not being able to sign players when we're playing Yeovil.

So, you have to look at the manager and he's not doing his job. You might ask who should replace him - the sad thing is that the answer is rapidly becoming almost anyone. I bet Gary Johnson had his 10 man team playing with passion and organization on much less budget - and he's nowhere near as experienced as DJ is in this league.

You can only go to the well so many times - the experience argument is becoming tedious.

Fantastic post, sums a lot of things up, last season we went on some horrendous runs too, this year we've started out first 7 games without a win, yet he's very experienced?