Zayatte

Unlike yourself who knows everything...

not by a long chalk but I do know Llera isn't good enough and I also know we haven't seen enough of the other fella to be starting a thread slating him after 3 games.For what its worth I thought he was excellent at qpr.

Against QPR he looked well but when sam vokes 6ft plus who went down all the time like he was hot by a sniper

So maybe Llera could have given him some rough challenges?

UTO

Not the man from the grassy knoll again?!

Edited by Babushka1867

Funny how llierras not good enough after the run in we had last season ,I mean it was promotion form was it not therefore all the players must have been good enough , but hey ho what do I know ,

During our run of good form last season I would still have highlighted Llera as our weak link at the back and the area to be addressed, surely that's why Taylor was brought in but that never worked out. Maybe Zayatte is the answer but only time will tell and only when we've got a full strength defence including full-backs can he really be assessed.

Completely disagree. Stupidly enough you don't often see big guys winning headers or being strong - but I thought Nuhiu showed both qualities.

I used to play regularly against a guy who was 6ft 5" and even though I'm 5ft 10" I beat him in the air 9 times out of 10 due to him not even getting off the ground. I used to hang like Les Ferdinand...shame I'm not hung like him too.

Funny how llierras not good enough after the run in we had last season ,I mean it was promotion form was it not therefore all the players must have been good enough , but hey ho what do I know ,

using that logic though Trev we only had to keep the same team to do ok and we all know that's not right don't we ? .

I'm with Trev on this, with glaring inadequacies in midfield and attack the money spent on Zayatte could have come in handy.

For me it would have been better to bring in a decent midfielder instead.

I can sort of understand DJ, our other 3 centre halves are all into their 30's and slow, that area would have needed addressing, and with Buxton and Reda injured we were down on cover, but with our finances so limited I can't help feeling that money could have been better spent.

We need Llera back in anyway imo, he offers more of an attacking threat and helps motivate the team.......I'd play Zayatte left back until someone recovers from injury.

using that logic though Trev we only had to keep the same team to do ok and we all know that's not right don't we ? .

yep but everyone was rabbitin on about it being promotion form sage mate so we should be doing well this year if that was the case ,truth is the midfield  needed sorting first ,and thats no disrespect to zayatte

oops weshall beat me to it ,but that's the gist of it get the midfield sorted then the back four would be under less pressure , but dj has done it the other way round and now we still need a quality midfield ballplayer ,wheras we have gardner llierra reda and taylor who could do a decent job at cb ,OK taylor has struggled ,but that could change ,apart from the injuries the defence proved they could cope last half of last year ,

yep but everyone was rabbitin on about it being promotion form sage mate so we should be doing well this year if that was the case ,truth is the midfield needed sorting first ,and thats no disrespect to zayatte

oops weshall beat me to it ,but that's the gist of it get the midfield sorted then the back four would be under less pressure , but dj has done it the other way round and now we still need a quality midfield ballplayer ,wheras we have gardner llierra reda and taylor who could do a decent job at cb ,OK taylor has struggled ,but that could change ,apart from the injuries the defence proved they could cope last half of last year ,

can't disagree with us needing a good dominant central midfielder also think that needed doing first can only assume DJ is waiting for a specific player let's hope It's worth the wait when he comes.

We needed a new forward a new central midfielder and a new centrehalf.

How to prioritise? Hard to tell but we were very susceptible to balls played behind the central two, so our back line rarely ventured further than 40 yards.

Zayatte was available we took the gamble it might pay off it might not but he wouldn't have hung around forever waiting for us to make a decision so we might have started with Llera and Gardner and  this discussion could have been about how we never solved the problem of the lack of pace at the back.

What I do find so hard to understand is how Vokes was allowed to choose who would mark him. Quite a few times he decided to allow Floro to mark him and had an easy header. Yet nothing was done poor decision making by both those on and off the pitch.

Llera and Gardner played most of the season when we struggled and when we played better, the introduction of Coke and Prutton happened when we were playing better so is this how they prioritised it.

Edited by DobbinTheDonkey