Zayatte

true sniper mate the midfield sorting is a must tbh we desperately need that ball/winner/player / and a goal scorer with the right supply ,get the prioreties right then add to the defence if needed,we had the meanest defence in the championship in the latter half of the season ,so there is no way it wouldn't have coped now ,buxton needed cover fair comment as mattock does through injury , all we had to do was juggle it around a bit ,semedo played at the back for Charlton dare say he could do the job if pushed and palmer is covering the other side,,but that's an aside mate ,get the midfield sorted less pressure on the back four ,

Edited by trevdi9

llierra was good enough to help with promotion ,he was good enough to get his position back from Taylor he was good enough to fortify our defence during the latter part of last season helping us to stay up when we played promotion form , now all of a sudden he is not good enough , ok i'll go with that ,

There's nothing wrong with bringing in new players though, Trev.

Zayate had a poor game on Saturday but he could turn out to be a great signing in the long run.

not saying there is Sij but the most glaring bit is the midfield where we struggle most so people keep saying mate ,if i'm wrong ,I will hold my hands up ,but I would have thought the midfield would have been sorted before bringing in another cb ,

fair comment SIJ mate ,and I can see your point and don't disagree with it ,but that said a strong midfield helps take a lot of the weight off the cb's shoulders therefore we could have coped with three for the time being or four when reda is fit , , ,and if we have the right minded midfield  player it could open up a lot of opposition defences allowing our strikers to do the necessary  mate ,its all pie in the sky though we have what we have, and will have to go with that mate

llierra was good enough to help with promotion ,he was good enough to get his position back from Taylor he was good enough to fortify our defence during the latter part of last season helping us to stay up when we played promotion form , now all of a sudden he is not good enough , ok i'll go with that ,

Not saying he's not good enough Trev, just feel that there's a reason why Zayatte has played at a higher level than Llera all his career, and hopefully he'll prove it.

not saying there is Sij but the most glaring bit is the midfield where we struggle most so people keep saying mate ,if i'm wrong ,I will hold my hands up ,but I would have thought the midfield would have been sorted before bringing in another cb ,

But as DJ wanted one of each and he had the chance to bring a centre half in, he took it. If he'd have waited to get a midfielder or striker in first there's every chance he'd have missed out on a target in Zayatte.

3 changes to our back 4.

A back 4 needs time to gel, i know, i know but it does.

Zayatte and Gardner will be a good partnership, we just need some fullbacks.

Put Buxton, Reda or Mattock at fullback and we will be solid.

Our problems are in CM and our striking options.

Atdhe Nuhiu looks a player by the way, too good for us.

This.

The key to the 2nd half of the season was a stable back 4. Obviously injuries play a part, but Zayatte at CB is an extra change that didnt need to be made.

Guest dunellaowl

If zayatte was immense week in week out he would still be at hull! Because he isnt he is with us, he was solid at q.p.r! Palmer got slated last week played ok saturday! Swings and roundabouts!

If zayatte was immense week in week out he would still be at hull! Because he isnt he is with us, he was solid at q.p.r! Palmer got slated last week played ok saturday! Swings and roundabouts!

Why - would he have sorted his personal issues out then (given that's why he left)?

Guest dunellaowl

Why - would he have sorted his personal issues out then (given that's why he left)?

didnt know he had any pal! Thought they just released him! What was the issues?