Zayatte

Gardner has his faults too, just like they all do.

Last week at QPR, ball watching instead of marking in six yard box.

Same last season on a number of occasions plus out jumped at least twice by a much smaller guy.

Llera has his faults and I'm not saying he is any better, but many on here must see a different game.

My real concern is that without Reda and Llera, there are no other realistic goal threats that are available on a regular basis.

Prutton yesterday was a welcome addition, but our midfielders generally score less than Reda and Llera...!

Could be said for Nuhiu

Rob, do you actually watch the games because the lad managed to win, flick numerous headers on. They're not going to find a team mate everytime. Lets face it we all know Antonios not a natural striker and someone like Lita would take up the right positions to capitalise. However, too much long ball yesterday, lets get the ball down and get those crosses in. The big lad looks a player.

I swear you just make random negative posts for attention!!

Rob, do you actually watch the games because the lad managed to win, flick numerous headers on. They're not going to find a team mate everytime. Lets face it we all know Antonios not a natural striker and someone like Lita would take up the right positions to capitalise. However, too much long ball yesterday, lets get the ball down and get those crosses in. The big lad looks a player.

I swear you just make random negative posts for attention!!

Agree !

Guest wadsleyjackowl

Gardner had a shaky start to his Wednesday career. Zayatte will come good and form another solid partnership with him.

Lets hope so or that'll be two first team players sat on the bench with him n Taylor on decent money but don't suit the set up we have. Didn't Milan say we lost 5m last season....not surprised if our recruitment puts higher salaried players on the bench but moved the team forward not a jot? Lets hope & pray Zayette comes good!

To anyone who can't find fault with Llera, watch the Peterborough match again.

That's one of many performances where he drops countless boll0cks that can result in goals and they did during the first few months of last season.

It's the second game of the season, give Zayatte a chance ffs.

Guest UpTheOwlsss

How people can say nuihu didn't win many headers is beyond me

He won 90%in the first 60 mins then tired a little which is understandable

Thought he did well myself linked up play well but we still fire to many in to him at head height we have to plays to his strenghts

Has he won a header for us yet?

Baffled as to why Llera isn't back in the team.

He won several in a row second half and got better as the game went on. I seem to remember Gardener started quite similarly last season. Llera may be the better option but can't tell until we have defence at full strength so the cb don't have to try and cover for inexperience

Kivo makes a fair point. He looked terrible yesterday and we missed Llera's skills AND aggression / passion.

It's another of Jones' master strokes to replace okay players who do a job with people who aren't any better or worse.

Kivo makes a fair point. He looked terrible yesterday and we missed Llera's skills AND aggression / passion.

It's another of Jones' master strokes to replace okay players who do a job with people who aren't any better or worse.

Based on 1 game?

Come on jowl I thought you were better than that.

to be honest it was clear winning headers is not his 'thing' he likes the ball played into his feet or chest and bring other players into the play and get in the box ala berbatov. the quicker we get someone to provide the passes and someone to run off him the better.

Can see this fella going the way of Taylor. Player with Champ/ Prem level experience thrown in at the wrong time - covering for injured players. weak midfield offering no cover and the Team struggling for points.. none Fans get on his back, form and confidence goes and before you know it Llera is back in the side.

He needs to be judged when the team is at full strength and has a degree of stability. Could be a long wait then.

none of what you said stops him actually jumping and connecting his head with the ball or passing to a player in blue and white just once in a game

Guest UpTheOwlsss

He is obviously decent in the air but you can see he's not just someone who want to lay the ball off to someone and rush into the box

He's definitely someone who can play good through balls and has very good close control

That ball he played through for Antonio was very good

Think he could turn out a good signing if we can get someone decent at the side of him

If anyone thinks Llera is a better defender then theyre mental. He's a far better player it's blatantly obvious. Give him time FFS.

If we didn't have an invisible midfield and two full backs way out of their depth then things might have been different yesterday.