Ok, people may think this is me being petty.

Kid in front of me to get in had his bag searched by an agency steward - doesnt usually happen on the South, but fair enough with the flate epidemic.

He confiscates the bottle of coke he was bringing in. Kid (late teen early 20's) doesnt make a fuss.

Gets into the ground, goes to the refreshment kiosk and is able to buy the exact same bottle of coke, including the top (which is sometimes confiscated at other grounds).

Why are the stewards confiscating, on safety grounds, something they are selling in the ground?

Before anyone else asks, I will send an email to the club after the game to see what they say about it.

All that is sold in the ground will have been clarified / accepted. Any bottle brought into the ground could contain anything (anything that fits in te bottle :biggrin:  ) and is therefor a potential safety hazard. That could be a reason. Or like in restaurants, one is not allowed to bring your own drinks, especially the types sold within the premises.

Never happened to us at all. We have had random bag searches in the past and never had a problem with stewards when they have seen our bottles of Pepsi Max. Guess its far easier and bigger for them to harass someone young than a couple who are in their 40's!

All that is sold in the ground will have been clarified / accepted. Any bottle brought into the ground could contain anything (anything that fits in te bottle :biggrin: ) and is therefor a potential safety hazard. That could be a reason. Or like in restaurants, one is not allowed to bring your own drinks, especially the types sold within the premises.

This

Guest gilly_2012

hasn't this just been policy for years? no outside food or drink and random searches (especially if you have a bag) etc.

same stuff happens if you go to the cinema... nothing new.

I work for vue cinema and its not something they like to advertise but it's not policy but obviously preferred that people purchase of us and i am sure a football ground is no different it's not like a resturaunt or pub that rely on selling food and drink to make money Edited by gilly_2012

hasn't this just been policy for years? no outside food or drink and random searches (especially if you have a bag) etc.

same stuff happens if you go to the cinema... nothing new.

Policy? If you are going to be confiscating things that people have paid money for, it best be in the actual ground regulations.

For what its worth, Ive always seen people around me bring food and drink in before no worries.