If we don't go up this season...

.....we'll be in the longest spell we've ever had outside the top flight.  I think subconsciously that's what's been contributing to my pre-season glumness.

I can see why we aren't going for it - stupid spending put us in this situation in the first place. Without major investment we are where we are.

But it's a bit of shame. In old money I quite like the 3rd Division. There's something charming about away days at little grounds and being a big fish in a small pond. Treading water in Division 2 on the other hand is a bit tedious - a no mans land between the excitement of the Premier League and the charm of Div 3.

I wish I could be confident about the coming season but I think it will be a tricky one. Fingers crossed and roll on Saturday. My seat is restricted view - is everybody's? 

how much did palace spend last season? why not get a proper youth set up and infrastructure first like they did

We have been doing.

Along with spending loads on many areas of the club which was left in a right old bleedin mess.

Hence the -£5m operating profit.

how much did palace spend last season? why not get a proper youth set up and infrastructure first like they did

Because EPPP fvcks it over?

Guest Big Guns

Palace will be the whipping boys I'd rather not go up if we're gunna get embarrassed every game

Spending billions is the only way top six or nowt for me

I would love us to get back to the Prem with MM at the helm, just to see his happy little smile. Ole fella deserves it, as does Wilko.

Sadly I can't see it, if/when we do go up it will probably be under new owners. For now its a case of staying in the division, being competitive and looking like the good investment potential we are. 

We have been doing.

Along with spending loads on many areas of the club which was left in a right old bleedin mess.

Hence the -£5m operating profit.

Agreed and that's why these numpties don't have a clue apart from keep shouting...get the checkbook out

Because EPPP fvcks it over?

That's part of it... but I'd rather have proper infrastructure than NON which we have had for so long...anyway you guys have a good template for getting established in the prem

It all explains a bit of impatience I think.

People have been moaning about the grumps saying we want immediate success. In fact we've had 13 years and counting of relative rubbish. After we got promoted with Big Jack back to Div 2 we always looked like we had a chance of achieving something. In this current spell we went up under Sturrock scuffed around a bit went down again and now look like our main aim will once again be survival.

I can see why it's happening and I'm not pointing the finger at MM - it's just a shame.

It all explains a bit of impatience I think.

People have been moaning about the grumps saying we want immediate success. In fact we've had 13 years and counting of relative rubbish. After we got promoted with Big Jack back to Div 2 we always looked like we had a chance of achieving something. In this current spell we went up under Sturrock scuffed around a bit went down again and now look like our main aim will once again be survival.

I can see why it's happening and I'm not pointing the finger at MM - it's just a shame.

Yep - that's my view. At my age I want the good times to return right now please. For a club of our size, we have had very few good times since 1967 when I went to my first game. I don't think I am being overly impatient - just a bit selfish I suppose.  But I don't want us returning to the financial dark days so I guess I'll keep stumping up for a season ticket and keep waiting !

Yep - that's my view. At my age I want the good times to return right now please. For a club of our size, we have had very few good times since 1967 when I went to my first game. I don't think I am being overly impatient - just a bit selfish I suppose.  But I don't want us returning to the financial dark days so I guess I'll keep stumping up for a season ticket and keep waiting !

But are we kidding ourselves about our size, especially in this modern era of oligarchs and sheikhs? Our zenith was in the 1930s. We've only won a single trophy since then, equal to mighty clubs like Luton, Swindon and Oxford. In time we could become a force again, but right now we're in amongst the pack.

Back on topic, we're definitely gonna beat our out of the top flight record this season.

No top flight football for 13 years and I've been watching em for 17 years, Happy Days :rolleyes:  

No- we'll only equal the record.  Beat it if we fail to go up.

1970 to 1984 last time= 14 seasons.                          2000 to 2014 this time = 14 seasons.