New shirt

Look at the collar...

Just look at it

On every photo I've seen so far of fans wearing it, it looks like someone's got hold of their shirt by the collar and ragged it about before taking the photo

Just bizarre....

post-4683-0-88160300-1375433183_thumb.pn

Absolutely SHOCKINGLY bad

It looks 'pre-stretched by a mugger'

Owlstalk Shop

attachicon.gifSheffield Wednesday Home Shirt 6.jpg

Look at the collar

Ragged about - and that's a promotional shot so it will probably be the first time the shirts ever been worn too (before it's even been washed)

I just said that further up - the training shirt (better than the home shirt) is really nice but the collar has no elastic in it and just flops as you say (you may be used to that Neil)

That's horrifying. Very Sunday League.

That cos they are ! Well one step above - my wife's miffed off - just been studying at the University on the shirt - that's where some of her £9,000 annual fee went - why does a university ned to advertise of a non league football shirt?

Yes

BUT

You dont go out and put on sale a total dogsick shirt just because fans moan anyway

The key is getting it as right and popular as possible - NOT by ignoring the thoughts, feelings and tradition of the fanbase

But how are you going to create what everyone wants unless you put it to the fans? They tried that a year or two ago, but it was all to obvious that you won't get what the fans want because the grunters play silly games.

I don't thick this new shirt a total dogsick shirt by any means. Different, yes. Doesn't conform with tradition, but neither did our 1966 FA Cup finalist shirt. 

Yes they can. Pick a shirt based on a straightforward stripe template. Just look at shirts from the 70s, 80s and 90s - excluding the obvious silly ones. Don't fart about with solid blocks of colour, pinstripes of any description - stick to traditional. There's plenty of scope for designing new shirts based on the traditional template.

Go further back if they want - they only need to look on here - starting in 1891. Simple.

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Sheffield_Wednesday/Sheffield_Wednesday.htm

They stuck with tradition last season, yet the shirt got slated.

That cos they are ! Well one step above - my wife's miffed off - just been studying at the University on the shirt - that's where some of her £9,000 annual fee went - why does a university ned to advertise of a non league football shirt?

Fair point, not like they're edumalicated in Lincoln.

But how are you going to create what everyone wants unless you put it to the fans? They tried that a year or two ago, but it was all to obvious that you won't get what the fans want because the grunters play silly games.

I don't thick this new shirt a total dogsick shirt by any means. Different, yes. Doesn't conform with tradition, but neither did our 1966 FA Cup finalist shirt. 

And that shirt turned out well didn't it in the end. Us or Everton would have had to have changed anyway.

You can have a traditional shirt that isn't quite right - could be the collar or the sleeves or the back whatever - I think the back of this season's shirt is great btw.  You can't please everyone you're right. It's a subjective thing - many of us think this shirt is poo . We're not anti-Wednesday, we're not going to boycott Hillsborough - we just don't like it.  It's an opinion we're entitled to hold and express and we'll vote accordingly with our wallets.

You don't need to put designs to the fans - just have good designers who create a good shirt. But if you do want a ballot have it at the ground on a match day or have it online and restrict it to season tickets/members  I don't think even the grunters are that desperate they'd buy a membership to vote on a shirt. And if you produce 3 good designs it shouldn't matter too much anyway - we'd still get a good shirt.

You wear your cleaner's tabard if you want to - Toffs here I come.

You don't need to put designs to the fans - just have good designers who create a good shirt.

So how would you suggest we go about employing that person? Where would you find that person? Clearly someone thought the ideas put forward were a good idea and that the fans would like it. That's the risk you have to take when keeping designs quiet. You'll have to gamble every season and hope you get it right for you. 

And what happens when traditional isn't enough for the fans? Keeping it traditional limits what you can do with a home shirt. Look at Chelsea. For as long as their sponsor is the same they will churn out shirts that are not much different from the season before. They have to stick with a blue shirt every season. How can you change that up? Yes we have more room to change, but there are still limits and people will complain regardless.

But if you do want a ballot have it at the ground on a match day or have it online and restrict it to season tickets/members  I don't think even the grunters are that desperate they'd buy a membership to vote on a shirt.

This is a very good idea and one which could actually work. Maybe extend it to people on the system with an ID number? That way we can get to those that can't get to the matches, but buy the merchandise etc.

And if you produce 3 good designs it shouldn't matter too much anyway - we'd still get a good shirt.

Again, what if you don't like the taste of the designer? What if they knock out 3 dreadful designs? If the same designer that has designed the kits before is still employed and is just not up to it?

You don't need to put designs to the fans - just have good designers who create a good shirt.

So how would you suggest we go about employing that person? Where would you find that person? Clearly someone thought the ideas put forward were a good idea and that the fans would like it. That's the risk you have to take when keeping designs quiet. You'll have to gamble every season and hope you get it right for you. 

And what happens when traditional isn't enough for the fans? Keeping it traditional limits what you can do with a home shirt. Look at Chelsea. For as long as their sponsor is the same they will churn out shirts that are not much different from the season before. They have to stick with a blue shirt every season. How can you change that up? Yes we have more room to change, but there are still limits and people will complain regardless.

Personal opinion but more fans would be happy with traditional than non-traditional. Actually putting some effort into a design would be good. There's plenty of scope for differences - look at the Di Canio kit, the Brian Joicey one and the Gary Bannister one - all different but all sound. This year's shirt is based on a template that other clubs are using. Looks lazy to me. Alan Irvine thought his plans were good too - doesn't make him right or we should have kept him.

Re Chelsea churning out shirts not different from the season before and sticking with a blue shirt - what on earth is wrong with that? Why do you need to change it up?

Personal opinion but more fans would be happy with traditional than non-traditional. Actually putting some effort into a design would be good. There's plenty of scope for differences - look at the Di Canio kit, the Brian Joicey one and the Gary Bannister one - all different but all sound. This year's shirt is based on a template that other clubs are using. Looks lazy to me. Alan Irvine thought his plans were good too - doesn't make him right or we should have kept him.

Re Chelsea churning out shirts not different from the season before and sticking with a blue shirt - what on earth is wrong with that? Why do you need to change it up?

Because otherwise you're just fleecing the fans. What's the point in putting a shirt out that has only it's collar changed? You may aswell just leave it exactly the same.

Liike I said before, we had a perfectly traditional kit last season and yet so many on here were getting their thong stwizzled up their vaginas. Regardless of what the kit looked like people were going to squinny. It also didn't help that they only released it two days before the season started.

Just bought it for my lad. Quite like it. The junior kits looks better than the adults because the sponsor logo is smaller and doesn't dominate as much. Should only sell it up to age 14 anyway.

Real men don't wear replica shirts.

I think the kids ones look shocking personally, world of different opinions though :)

I'm 25 and usually always buy the shirt, got an excuse as I wear it for football training not as a fashion item. Though I won't be buying this one personally not keen at all.

Guest D.J.Nick1212

Just got back from holiday and popped in the owls car park to have a proper look at the kit! I'm hoping its a grower but I'm not instantly liking it!

However I put on the game at the stain and I thought the snorters kit is worse and the county shirt is shocking!

Ps. The blunts a

Have once again let themselves down by not turning up to such a historical game!!! Typical! O