New shirt

972325_10153072168495223_1088193029_n.jp

Even our very own  football model can't quite carry it off.

It would look MILES better if the sponsor was just a tiny bit smaller so the text could fit in between the two blue stripes and not chop the blue stripes off by the white background.

Apart from that panel across the shoulders, the basic layout of the whole kit is exactly the same as when we got promoted a couple of years ago. So whilst that design was in the main hailed as a work of art, why is this one being so widely condemned as an abomination?

I just don't get the level of self-righteous indignation.

The shirt is nothing like the one that we had when we were promoted. 

Guest AbbeyOwl

Good steal Neil, get your own fecking ideas lol

Posted 31 July 2013 - 11:13 AM

After the thousands of posts about the new kit and peoples obvious obsession with it can I suggest a competition.

As most of us normal adults know, you should only wear a replica kit if you are under the age of 18 and your parents buy it for you, for everyone else it is wrong to wear one.

So could all you middle aged blokes with beer guts and moobs who are rushing to buy one tomorrow post a pic of yourself wearing it on here and we will give you marks out of 10 for clingyness, beer gut extension and moob shapeliness.

As an aside, wives and girlfriends who actually look good in it should feel free to post their pics too.

Looking forward to the pics 

Looks like an Everton shirt being pulled out of a Tesco carrier bag.

Awful.

lol

Good steal Neil, get your own fecking ideas lol

Posted 31 July 2013 - 11:13 AM

After the thousands of posts about the new kit and peoples obvious obsession with it can I suggest a competition.

As most of us normal adults know, you should only wear a replica kit if you are under the age of 18 and your parents buy it for you, for everyone else it is wrong to wear one.

So could all you middle aged blokes with beer guts and moobs who are rushing to buy one tomorrow post a pic of yourself wearing it on here and we will give you marks out of 10 for clingyness, beer gut extension and moob shapeliness.

As an aside, wives and girlfriends who actually look good in it should feel free to post their pics too.

Looking forward to the pics

THIS

Owlstalk Shop

Apart from that panel across the shoulders, the basic layout of the whole kit is exactly the same as when we got promoted a couple of years ago. So whilst that design was in the main hailed as a work of art, why is this one being so widely condemned as an abomination?

I just don't get the level of self-righteous indignation.

That one was shuffle too.

It's not self righteous indignation it's expressing an opinion on a design. The 70s 80s and 90s shirts - barring the pinstripe, broad white stripe and blue Arsenal kit were all fine. There's plenty of scope to make a nice blue and white striped shirt.

Of course how they play is a lot more important but I like a Wednesday kit to look like a traditional Wednesday kit - it's the same reason I love going to Hillsborough instead of an identikit bowl. It's not a terrible thing to hold that opinion honestly no matter how pompously you criticise it. No-one is saying sack the board or we're going to boycott the ground and if you like the design fair play to you - I haven't slagged off anyone that likes it.

"Apart from that panel across the shoulders" it's quite noticeable you know! 

And don't get me started on white boots - fecking Alan Ball.

Edited by rickygoo

It would look MILES better if the sponsor was just a tiny bit smaller so the text could fit in between the two blue stripes and not chop the blue stripes off by the white background.

It is on the 'women's' version