Data protection

Guest nevergetpastsemedo

Guest nevergetpastsemedo

Like many People who live in Rotherham I support both wed and Rotherham. I have got a ticket for the Roth end on this occasion. How can the club take action against these people and if they do, after sharing your info with Wed surely they will be in breach of the data protection act.

http://www.ico.org.uk/for_organisations/data_protection/the_guide/principle_1

Edited by nevergetpastsemedo

Guest nevergetpastsemedo

Crime?! What sitting at a football match, not on Roth database as someone else gets my tickets

Maybe you bought the tkt for your RUFC supporting brother / parents / whoever..... who are at same address. But gave your details as stipulated by RUFC

You had the call yet ????

If there is no criminal offence attached to the act if buying tickets, then I would have thought it would be against data protection.

There is no criminal act if using your credit card to watch child peadophilia.

But that transaction isn't data protected - if it's divulged for the 'prevention' of crime.

BTW - I also used the caveat ; 'could be argued'

I don't know - ask the Clubs or the Data Protection Ofiice

Is the act of someone being in the home end enough fot the Police to expect trouble?

I would say so yes. Or you would prefer for a fight to actually start first?

Do you expect the Club/Police to allow loads of Unitedites to register, get tickets and sit on the Kop at Hillsborough?

Are you saying that Club data - viz a viz the prevention of football violence is protected?

Really.

I wouldnt expect two private companies to be able to share data with each other in order to "prevent crime".

I would expect each private company to share their data with the Police who would take any necessary steps to prevent crime.

I agree.

They probably have.

So if Unitedites Register for Hillsborough - you want the Club just to guess?

Guest nevergetpastsemedo

I wouldnt expect two private companies to be able to share data with each other in order to "prevent crime".

I would expect each private company to share their data with the Police who would take any necessary steps to prevent crime.

Last great hope is bang on. Two private companies sharing info is against the act. And what's all this fighting and crime you speak of Reading? You do make assumptions don't you. All I have done is bought tickets to watch a game if football. And no I haven't received the call yet

Last great hope is bang on. Two private companies sharing info is against the act. And what's all this fighting and crime you speak of Reading? You do make assumptions don't you. All I have done is bought tickets to watch a game if football. And no I haven't received the call yet

This is all hypothetical.

You are making assumptions - hence you starting this thread.

I tried to give possibilities/answers, with caveats - 'it could be argued'?

Do you really think it is difficult for two football clubs to get around the data protection Act by 'liaising' with SYP through some form of memorandum?

Are you normally such an ungrateful tw@t?

Enjoy the flipping game.

This is all hypothetical.

You are making assumptions - hence you starting this thread.

I tried to give possibilities/answers, with caveats - 'it could be argued'?

Do you really think it is difficult for two football clubs to get around the data protection Act by 'liaising' with SYP through some form of memorandum?

Are you normally such an ungrateful tw@t?

Enjoy the flipping game.

hahahahahaha