Lack of Service to the Strikers

Guest LeamingtonOwl

Guest LeamingtonOwl

If you read through a lot of posts on here it is a common theme. It began last season and we are still talking about it now,

Why has Dave Jones not noticed we need a player that can offer something different to the fast direct wingers we have? 

People on here slate Gary Madine, but he needs service, end of. If you put Andy Carroll in our team he would hardly score. Frustratingly this new striker appears to prefer to score from crosses also.

However good Antonio, JJ and Helan are they cannot cross. They cannot put a curler into the right areas like Marshall could, like Treacy did etc.

For me, this is the most glaringly obvious missing part of the jigsaw. So why have the management not seen this?

If you read through a lot of posts on here it is a common theme. It began last season and we are still talking about it now,

Why has Dave Jones not noticed we need a player that can offer something different to the fast direct wingers we have? 

People on here slate Gary Madine, but he needs service, end of. If you put Andy Carroll in our team he would hardly score. Frustratingly this new striker appears to prefer to score from crosses also.

However good Antonio, JJ and Helan are they cannot cross. They cannot put a curler into the right areas like Marshall could, like Treacy did etc.

For me, this is the most glaringly obvious missing part of the jigsaw. So why have the management not seen this?

It began when we lost Chris Brunt and has never really been addressed since. Until we get a winger or 2 who can deliver a cross strikers will not prosper here

Where does Magahoma play exactly?

Is he wide, central or off the striker?

We have been crying out for a winger, who we actually own, of the ilk that the op refers to since Brunt.

Guest LeamingtonOwl

Well I thought perhaps Magohma could be this player. I have never seen him play and from the videos on the net he looks like a similar player to JJ, Antonio, Helan(not in a racist way, although I hope they don't all wear the same boots!).

If he can cross then I will be less concerned. What was the point in signing Mayor btw?

Where does Magahoma play exactly?

Is he wide, central or off the striker?

We have been crying out for a winger, who we actually own, of the ilk that the op refers to since Brunt.

It's nice to know everyone seems to agree on the fact we need a Brunt style winger now.

Well I thought perhaps Magohma could be this player. I have never seen him play and from the videos on the net he looks like a similar player to JJ, Antonio, Helan(not in a racist way, although I hope they don't all wear the same boots!).

If he can cross then I will be less concerned. What was the point in signing Mayor btw?

He's a potential leading star.

Mayor was signed on account of having a half decent surname.

Commercial saw opportunity for t-shirts slogans and stuff.

They then realised that these slogans were terrible and he was sent out on loan.

True Story.

Guest LeamingtonOwl

He's a potential leading star.

I don't think he can be.

Surely if he was any good he would be playing or at least on the bench. Another bizarre Jones signing in my opinion.

Should let him go as we are ruining his career.

Guest LeamingtonOwl

Madine would have a field day if we had a Brunt in the team.

I have played as a striker all my life and can only imagine how frustrating it is for Madine and the other strikers.

If a player like Brunt gets the ball you know that they are going to try and cross it immediately, so you run into the box.

If a player like JJ, Antonio or Helan get the ball, firstly you have to wait to see if they manage to control it. Then you have to wait and see if they are going to run directly to the box, once you know they are heading to the byline, you make your run only to see them scuff it out for a goal kick.

We have to sign a player that gives our strikers more motivation to keep making the right runs.

Antonios actually got a decent cross on him sometimes. Think there was one last season with the outside of his boot for llera to score which was quality.

Lita at home to palace rings a bell as well.

Guest LeamingtonOwl

60 yard hoooofs from Liam Palmer at right back isn't the service i want to see again. That big bugger up front was less impressed than me at chesterfield.

No one has answered why the manager has not seen this?

To be fair the only hope any of our strikers have of a decent cross is if Buxton can get up there. Buxton shows the wingers how to cross.

Antonios actually got a decent cross on him sometimes. Think there was one last season with the outside of his boot for llera to score which was quality.

Lita at home to palace rings a bell as well.

Yes Antonio can put the odd one in. But for a professional footballer should this be considered an achievement?

Thing about lads like Antonio, JJ and Helan is that they can whip in a good ball...but too often they have a rush of blood to the head and send the thing flying off into row z.

Think at times it is just part of being a trick, pacey, livewire winger.

Guest Fedor

Why do we always blsme the service for Madines poor showing. He lacks desire to get on the end of crosses and his lack of movement and positional sense are woeful

Guest LeamingtonOwl

Why do we always blsme the service for Madines poor showing. He lacks desire to get on the end of crosses and his lack of movement and positional sense are woeful

How can there be any desire to get on an end of a cross when there are no crosses?

No one has answered why the manager has not seen this?

To be fair the only hope any of our strikers have of a decent cross is if Buxton can get up there. Buxton shows the wingers how to cross.

Yes Antonio can put the odd one in. But for a professional footballer should this be considered an achievement?

I'm not biting!!